IGNORED

Cooperstown Dreams Park

Bucndoe

On 8/18/2023 at 1:00 PM, crappyice said:

As I pack one of my twins for Hobart(leaving tomorrow), lots of "remember when..." stories are flooding out. Cooperstown is definitely one of them - They went 6-0 in pool play then lost their first round of bracket play  to a kid who through 100+ pitches (70% curveballs). It took us three innings to stop saying "Stay off the curveball and wait for fastballs" HAHA!

That story is always followed with, "Remember leaving Cooperstown on Thursday then driving to Ripken for a 3 day tourney with  the Scalliwags(thrown together team sponsored by a NYC bar-the leprechaun smoking a cigar and drinking a beer on the uniform had to be covered!)

One of my favorite pics of my boys below

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_1032.jpeg

Hit Eddie O’briens after drop off. Or the Rusty Pig on Linden street!!!!

Edited by boo711

7 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Even funnier is that they have an ad out calling out the Allstars village camp for not being in Cooperstown...

All Star Village is much smaller and a different experience. Similar, but very different. All Star Village was bought earlier this  year by the same group that bought into the Ripken Experience and merged them. They want it bigger like Dreams Park

Edited by Bucndoe

9 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Nobody plays on Doubleday field anymore? We did once but were 11, so the field was massive for us 

I played for the Milford Macs. Doubleday Field was one of our home fields. Its a 60/90 field and not really for 11 year olds. That is what Dreams Park and All Star Village is designed for, all those fields are 50/70

42 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I played for the Milford Macs. Doubleday Field was one of our home fields. Its a 60/90 field and not really for 11 year olds. That is what Dreams Park and All Star Village is designed for, all those fields are 50/70

Yea this was 1995 for one game. 

1 minute ago, virgil said:

I was at Doubleday this afternoon. A bunch of guys with bellies rented it out for a bachelor party. They were taking infield practice. 

Those guys tried to bait one of the umpires from the park into a fight at one of the bars last night.  They were drunk and accused him of stealing their money off the bar. The umpires were outnumbered 10-2 until a group of 10 to 12 umpires walked in. Cooler heads prevailed and apologies were rightly given.