IGNORED

Watkins Glen Racing

Lawdwaz

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Any of you lugnuts watching or better yet, going to the races this weekend?

I’m watching the Xfinity race currently and it’s a hoot.    

I stopped following that sport when they got rid of the cigarettes and let in Japanese cars. 

The Bud at the glen was my favorite race, back in the day.  Way better than the Others that I attended (Brickyard 400 and CocaCola 600).  

It’s a hell of a lot more fun camping out and watching the race from a comfortable lawn chair, as your steaming clams on a gas grill and drinking Genny’s from a cooler, than being shoe—horned into stadium seating and paying big bucks for crap beer.  

Edited by Wolc123

9 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

I stopped following that sport when they got rid of the cigarettes and let in Japanese cars. 

The Bud at the glen was my favorite race, back in the day.  Way better than the Others that I attended (Brickyard 400 and CocaCola 600).  

It’s a hell of a lot more fun camping out and watching the race from a comfortable lawn chair, as your steaming clams on a gas grill and drinking Genny’s from a cooler, than being shoe—horned into stadium seating and paying big bucks for crap beer.  

The glass is either half full or half empty I guess..........

Yea, those damn Jap cars.  :)

Not making Nascar at Glen; but went to Sahlens 6hr race again, Most years I make that one. And in a  few weeks I will go to the vintage races at the Glen. Cool stuff from all eras of motor sports.

Went to both Stafford Speedway SRX races; Denny Hamlin won and Ryan Newman won; was hoping Ken Schrader would win one. Proved that Paul Tracy was an asshat when he was  driving indy cars and still is; they kicked him out of the rest of the year. If the fans could have got to him they would have beat his ass. Awesome crowd both times, guy I sat next to let me camp in his driveway so I didnt have to drive home that night as he lives down the street (although its only a 2 1/2 hr drive for me). He owned a Busch North team for years and has a cool shop still.

Went to Limerock a couple times, but thats in my backyard. Did a driving course there with my car and it was tons of fun to be on that track. I need stickier tires if I do that again. LOL (and brake upgrade,better exhaust,strut tower cross stiffener, better seat……uh, this could be worse then hunting as a hobby)

Went to VIR for the Fanatec GT weekend and it is the best racing going today with lots of makers involved, and extremely competitive racing across all classes.

Went to Nascar at Pocono. OK race. Found some bullets to reload at a gun shop near by and that was awesome and worth it all by itself.

Edited by Ogee

Buddies and I tent camped a couple few times back in the late 90’s.

Last time camping I drank so much that I made it to the grand stands pre race (it was hot that day) didn’t feel well and headed for shade. Ended up getting checked by ems. Watched the race on a Jumbotron while they fed me an iv. Guess I drank to much all weekend.

Wife and I were just talking about it yesterday. Said we should rent a camper and go next year.