IGNORED

HSS ultra lite harness Amazon

NYRturkeycall

I really don't care about the manufacturing date. IMO it's just someway to get more money out of you.  Is there a independent lab doing the testing? Nope, no federal regulations at all. How can stitching degrade when only used a couple months a yr? 

Yep,  it's a small price to pay for safety, is what they will say.  

Sorry, my 5 yr old vest will protect me as well as one produced this yr. 

Are the tree stand manufacturers  telling you the straps are only good for two yrs? Nope. 

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

I really don't care about the manufacturing date. IMO it's just someway to get more money out of you.  Is there a independent lab doing the testing? Nope, no federal regulations at all. How can stitching degrade when only used a couple months a yr? 

Yep,  it's a small price to pay for safety, is what they will say.  

Sorry, my 5 yr old vest will protect me as well as one produced this yr. 

Are the tree stand manufacturers  telling you the straps are only good for two yrs? Nope. 

I agree with you in the safety and feel the same way, but medical insurance companies will likely use that as a way to deny claims. Not using "per the manufacturers instructions" mean negligence on the users part and that could lead to a lot of lost money if injured.

Palma non sine pulvere 

10 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

I agree with you in the safety and feel the same way, but medical insurance companies will likely use that as a way to deny claims. Not using "per the manufacturers instructions" mean negligence on the users part and that could lead to a lot of lost money if injured.

Highly doubtful.  They cover falls when people don't use a harness.