IGNORED

Dicks BOGO 50% Ammo

Belo

Listen, I'm not a big fan of these guys and haven't made any big purchases with them for quite some time, but they do offer a good selection and pricing for sports stuff that my kids need. While in there today getting a new basketball for my kids I wandered back to poke around and found they're doing a BOGO 50% ammo sale and their selection was pretty good. I don't know if it's company wide or just the store here in Webster, but I wanted to share none the less.

fwiw, that ammo background stuff is "supposed" to kick in September. Right now they just wrote down my info. IDK... 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

53 minutes ago, mowin said:

Our dicks changed over to "house of sports", and I've been told there is zero hunting related products offered. 

that's correct and might as well forget what little camping stuff is still there. nothing is likely on sale either. staff told me anything that'll be clearanced will be moved to the outlet to the crossgates mall. it's literally a uppity turd of a store now. not sure how the one in Wilton mall is doing but better off driving there if you really need to go for a reason I can't think of other than BOGO 50% off ammo if they even have what you're looking for on sale.

12 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

that's correct and might as well forget what little camping stuff is still there. nothing is likely on sale either. staff told me anything that'll be clearanced will be moved to the outlet to the crossgates mall. it's literally a uppity turd of a store now. not sure how the one in Wilton mall is doing but better off driving there if you really need to go for a reason I can't think of other than BOGO 50% off ammo if they even have what you're looking for on sale.

Thanks for confirming that they are "the house of woke sports" .  I will not be shopping there at all.  

I get most of my ammo from Maine. Friends make two trips a yr down here a yr, and we usually are up there a couple times a year. 

I had been wondering about the Latham store. I knew it was closed, and why it was closed but hadn't been in that plaza for a while now. The last time I was in there the hunting/camping area had almost nothing in it. Just before it closed. I didn't like going in there very much, but for a while, the wife had gift cards for the place. They were also the only place within an hour and a half drive that had the .50 powder pellets.

They had all over social media and even in the outdoor rags they were going full-blown antigun and weren't going to carry much camping gear anymore. Sad state of affairs this country is in. Too many big box stores going woke.

I haven't been to my local shops in a while either. Not after seeing how much they jack up the prices compared to a couple of other shops a ways out. A couple of bucks on a box of ammo is one thing, but $10-20 is a bit much.

I don't feed trolls.

Being from Binghamton area, I can say the original owner is turning over in his grave. I don't  shop at any of the stores and haven't  even been to the big Dicks( fitting name) at the mall they just opened the other day. But i stopped in to the original store the other day just to see if they had any spoons and the shelves were pretty bare. Had lots of ammo but way over priced. Luckily  alot of ammo stores opening up on the border of PA looking to cash in on NY stupidity.

A guy i worked with works in retirement at dicks webster ,he went from the gun counter to unloading the trucks as it’s a better workout .

When we talked about the ammo background stuff at the gym the other  day , he said he feels they’ll get completely out of guns and ammo , perhaps this is the start , I’m guessing it is . It’s not a coincidence that this is  just before the new ammo checks .

Ive got thousands of rounds ,but I may run over tomorrow,as long as there’s no limit on purchases , If its bogo ill clean the shelves off .

Just to clarify it’s not buy one get one , it's buy one get one half off . I grabbed some .38 hollow points as it’s one caliber I don’t have a lot of and finding it has been problematic. So you buy it when you see it .

The sale brought the price down to what others are selling it for online .

it’s a slow process, hand over permit , answer some questions , “ok this box is done….” Took gun counter guy a few minutes then you go to the cashier in front . But I was happy to find the .38hp.

14 hours ago, Nomad said:

Just to clarify it’s not buy one get one , it's buy one get one half off . I grabbed some .38 hollow points as it’s one caliber I don’t have a lot of and finding it has been problematic. So you buy it when you see it .

The sale brought the price down to what others are selling it for online .

it’s a slow process, hand over permit , answer some questions , “ok this box is done….” Took gun counter guy a few minutes then you go to the cashier in front . But I was happy to find the .38hp.

Did they have any steel BB shots?

On 8/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, Nontypical said:

They’re dumping their ammo in all of the stores. 

In talking with guys at the counter twice over the summer, there is no indication that this is the case. They're actively reordering and getting in new shipments twice a week. 

Do you have anything to coberate this? 

Edited by Belo

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12