IGNORED

Cabela's in Clifton park

sbuff

We got caught up in the excitement of the then new Cabela’s in PA a bunch of years ago. It immediately outpaced Hershey Park as PA’s # 1 tourist location, and weekends were a mob scene.  A near city sprung up around it to support all the tourists coming to visit the store.  Lines for checkout were long and merchandise flew off the shelves. 

Since the merger with Bass Pro, the parking lot is always empty and the shelves and displays near empty.  The Hamburg store is like a ghost town today. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

6 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I know they’re the same company, but I was told it was a Bass Pro Shops, is it a Cabelas?

Looks like both. They no longer brand using one name or the other it seems. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

22 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

We got caught up in the excitement of the then new Cabela’s in PA a bunch of years ago. It immediately outpaced Hershey Park as PA’s # 1 tourist location, and weekends were a mob scene.  A near city sprung up around it to support all the tourists coming to visit the store.  Lines for checkout were long and merchandise flew off the shelves. 

Since the merger with Bass Pro, the parking lot is always empty and the shelves and displays near empty.  The Hamburg store is like a ghost town today. 

I was at Hamburg store about 5 weeks ago and inventory was up compared to say 4 years ago (last time was the year before corvid shut the the Harrisburg show down,2019?) 

The BassPro in Harrisburg was also good on inventory and quite busy. 

Between both there was a fair assortment of reloading powder; found what I needed. Some stuff I havent seen in a few years, so that was worth the stop as I was driving by anyway.

But agree that both stores are not like they were when they opened. The guy in Harrisburg Basspro that ran the “fine gun room” was quite sharp and really knew his stuff. Did some business there and was pleased with several transactions on both ends.

That Chick-fil-a has been a nightmare since the day it opened with traffic. I'm not sure the Bass Pro will be that bad considering it will have a large parking lot and enter/exit to traffic lights. It is going to bring a lot more traffic to that area, especially seeing it's not going to be the only place to get a lot of outdoor gear in the area. 

I don't feed trolls.

24 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

That Chick-fil-a has been a nightmare since the day it opened with traffic. I'm not sure the Bass Pro will be that bad considering it will have a large parking lot and enter/exit to traffic lights. It is going to bring a lot more traffic to that area, especially seeing it's not going to be the only place to get a lot of outdoor gear in the area. 

A chick fila opened up in East Greenbush a month or so ago. I haven't been past it without it being jam packed.  Can't believe the draw that place has. 

The new store will be in a good location. For the capital region, and those heading to the dacks. Supposed to be slightly bigger than the Utica store. I will spend some greenbacks there no doubt. 

Chick-fil-A  is just OK to me. Don’t get what all the hype is about? Easier to just stop at the ones on the thruway. Less crowded.

I will always call that arena in Albany The Nick. But haven't gone to anything there in years now. Pretty scummy down there.