IGNORED

Now this is a hunting license!

Nomad

On 10/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, Nomad said:

one plastic card , non resident hunting ,so any game any weapon good for a year , no tags. You report your deer kill via phone upon killing a deer,  that puts it in the system. I can kill a doe a DAY for like 4 months so that would be a lot of tags lol .

NYS, a length of tags longer than 50/50 tickets at an Italian stag party .  NYS , “ you want hunting, doe tags, bow, ML,and Turkey ? “ yep . Then printout a crossbow form and carry that too . I’ve carried the wrong tags , filled out an either sex tag when I shot a doe, ( Dec cop friend took care of that though thank God ) .

These tags go on your back , this goes in your wallet as it’s your  lic. then here’s a boat load of “ tags “ . Hope you can fill them out on your leg in the rain or snow .

Tenn ,carry this one plastic card .

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4062.jpeg

HAIR: NOPE

19 hours ago, broomeguy said:

I have one but thought one still has to carry tags etc with them. 

On 10/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, sbuff said:

Anyone else got one ? 

if in southern zone you have to have a backtag by law, so how's that work?? also you still have to carry carcass tags wouldn't you??

34 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

if in southern zone you have to have a backtag by law, so how's that work?? also you still have to carry carcass tags wouldn't you??

Couple buddies have lifetime license.  They get the tags sent to them before the season starts. 

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

I only hunt Northern zone , I questioned the Dec officer on the tags , he said as long as I was on my property it could wait to I got back to camp. Like most things , probably doesn't hold weight unless I got in writing 

46 minutes ago, mowin said:

Couple buddies have lifetime license.  They get the tags sent to them before the season starts. 

law is you have to fill out carcass tag immediately but don't have to attach it until you're back to a vehicle, atv, or camp. whichever is first. this was just covered in a remote web meeting i attended the other night. that direction was from a recently retired game warden with the current one sitting right there.

Edited by dbHunterNY

Nephew just called , he said most big bucks are taken with the ML the week I’m coming . He has 160 acres ,guy nextdoor 120 but he hunts his far side , and another farm was owned by a guy  from Bass Pro who managed it for trophy hunting , new owner doesn’t hunt which could be good or bad I guess .

Wife and I will stay at his lake home 10 minutes from the land ,I’ll have key to the barn and the three  ATVs for times he doesn’t hunt due to work .

When discussing my concern with passing up a buck trying to hold out for bigger, he said, “ a hunter can take two bucks !!! “ just not on the same day . 

Edited by Nomad

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nephew just called , he said most big bucks are taken with the ML the week I’m coming . He has 160 acres ,guy nextdoor 120 but he hunts his far side , and another farm was owned by a guy  from Bass Pro who managed it for trophy hunting , new owner doesn’t hunt which could be good or bad I guess .

Wife and I will stay at his lake home 10 minutes from the land ,I’ll have key to the barn and the three  ATVs for times he doesn’t hunt due to work .

When discussing my concern with passing up a buck trying to hold out for bigger, he said, “ a hunter can take two bucks !!! “ just not on the same day . 

shoot 2 monsters!

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Thanks I didn’t know that, I should have got the lifetime , now I’ve got a few years left in the hunting game .

How do you tag it ? Report online ?

I still get the tags in the mail every year from the DEC. use those to tag like everyone else.   I carry those when hunting. Usually only carry the “credit card” when fishing as that is the only thing that shows I have a fishing license.  Back when I bought my Lifetime I bought a Sportsman but when tags come in mail you wouldn’t know it. Just tags for deer, bear, turkey