IGNORED

Rope mock scrape

I've never made 1 before but I'm giving a hemp rope with code blue rope a dope scent, and grave digger scent a try. Probably late to the game starting this late but worth a try. Whats everyone else go to for a mock scrape. Success or fail.

Its never too late, Just make sure t hangs down to about chest/ waste high and no lower, band the end of it so it doesnt completely fray away. Just helps with scent. I dont use scents but Ill scrape the ground underneath lightly and piss in it myself. On a good trail or field edge where it can be seen, it will bring in every critter out there. 

Dont use anymore more mock scrape rope locations than you have stands for, The idea is to get them to stop for shot opportunities where you may not have one.. if that makes sense, or setting up the perfect shot op.. 

I saw these advertised on insta. Not sure if I need a hemp rope, but I've used just regular old thick rope from lowes and had it work great. Wouldn't recommend if you have nosy neighbors as they stick out a little.  Also cutting off a vine works great for a few years. Zip tie it to a tree limb and let it hang. I've found after a few years they dry out and bucks don't like them as much. Just cut a fresh one and redo it.

Oh and try smokeys for sure, not cheap but a great pre-orbital.

9 minutes ago, Ncountry said:

Serious question.. Why not use a natural location with overhanging branches like the bucks  do?  

Can and do but adding artificial vines or ropes help pattern deer. Also for me my natural branches are hard to hang trail cameras around. 

Setting up a man made licking branch allows me to manipulate the entrance and view of deer accessing the branch.

13 minutes ago, Ncountry said:

Serious question.. Why not use a natural location with overhanging branches like the bucks  do?  

One place I know I use a grape vine bunch is a hemlock that has been a scrape site for the last 30 years I know of. The deer have broken nearly all the low hanging licking branches. The grape vine bundle ensures they hammer the same site year after year. Other times, there just isn’t a licking branch and a rope or grape vines work great there. 

Edited by Bucksnbows

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

Thanks guys. I was curious.

Most areas I hunt is very brushy so finding a good location for a mock scrape is easy..

I've kept it simple with success. I scrape the ground up with a branch in a good location under a overhanging branch , pee in the scrape and hang a camera. After the first  buck and doe its 100% natural..

24 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hung a grapevine this year and made a scrape under it but nothing has showed up. It may be too high. Heres a doe walking under it

IMG_9106.jpeg

I did that last year too and same results.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hung a grapevine this year and made a scrape under it but nothing has showed up. It may be too high. Heres a doe walking under it

IMG_9106.jpeg

Cannot tell if the vine is behind or in front of the deer but does look a bit too high. Also helps if other nearby overhanging branches are removed.