IGNORED

Guns that only cycle discontinued ammo

Phantom

Someone I know told me that their gun only cycles Remington factory 7mm Rem Ultra Mag, but it's discontinued. The only guy he found who has it in stock wants $400 for a box of 20 rounds.

Anyone else ever have a problem like that before  with a Remington rifle .  I mean is it possible that his gun only Cycles that particular  brand of ammo he said he tried other brands and it wouldn't extract for some reason .

5 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Someone I know told me that their gun only cycles Remington factory 7mm Rem Ultra Mag, but it's discontinued. The only guy he found who has it in stock wants $400 for a box of 20 rounds.

Anyone else ever have a problem like that before  with a Remington rifle .  I mean is it possible that his gun only Cycles that particular  brand of ammo he said he tried other brands and it wouldn't extract for some reason .

Kinda a weird post, and nothing recent. .. And who in their right mind would pay $400 for 20 rounds. Just sell the rifle 

8 minutes ago, mowin said:

Kinda a weird post, and nothing recent. .. And who in their right mind would pay $400 for 20 rounds. Just sell the rifle 

I know thats  what I told him or keep trying different brands I mean somebody's got to make something that works with that gun I would think right.

Just now, Phantom said:

I know thats  what I told him or keep trying different brands I mean somebody's got to make something that works with that gun I would think right.

He said he's got one box and a half of that ammo  left. I told him get rid of it or start hand loading the stuff with the spent cases

I posted it because I have never heard of that before. However, I know that there are people on here who buy and sell a lot more guns than I do. I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced that problem before and how common it is.

14 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I posted it because I have never heard of that before. However, I know that there are people on here who buy and sell a lot more guns than I do. I'm just wondering if anybody else has experienced that problem before and how common it is.

And as I said, kinda a weird post after such a break from posting.  Don't see this on hny? 

25 minutes ago, mowin said:

And as I said, kinda a weird post after such a break from posting.  Don't see this on hny? 

I find reading posts more enjoyable than writing them. It's a less stressful experience since I don't have to worry about carefully choosing my words. Instead, I can immerse myself in the thoughts and ideas of others, gaining knowledge and insights without the pressure of expressing myself. Reading posts allows me to relax and explore a variety of perspectives, making it a fulfilling and enriching activity. 

Not my gun if it were I could fix it myself. The other thing is I wouldn't waste my time or money on such an over bore rifle that can burn a barrel out in 500 rounds. When a 7-08 or a 308 will kill most anything most of us are going to hunt. Have you seen how much power that thing eats.

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not my gun if it were I could fix it myself. The other thing is I wouldn't waste my time or money on such an over bore rifle that can burn a barrel out in 500 rounds. When a 7-08 or a 308 will kill most anything most of us are going to hunt. Have you seen how much power that thing eats.

"It's not my gun, but I have seen it before. I was going to tell him that it's possible the gun is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Maybe something crap  got into the extractor, but I wasn't sure. decided not to say anything because I didn't want to offend the guy. He has been hunting for over 40 years, and he probably would have gotten upset if I had mentioned it, as if he were a beginner."  If it was my gun the first thing i would do is take the bolt out and clean  it .  Could be that the tolerance is just so tight on the gun that any little fouling makes it malfunction  possibly. Maybe when I see him again I'm going to tell him to do that anyway if he gets mad he gets mad .

Edited by Phantom