IGNORED

What's Your "Magic" Day To Deer Hunt???

grampy

Mine is November 10th. That is the day when it's most likely to see a huge buck just standing out in the open. Crossing the road in front of you. Or blindly following a doe, or doe scent on the ground. The day when I'm most likely to see rutting action. Happens the same time each year. The five days on either side of the 10th are the best days to be out all day. Or be out in the woods as much as possible. These are the days we think about all year!

What is your "magic" day????  If you have one?

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Mine is November 10th. That is the day when it's most likely to see a huge buck just standing out in the open. Crossing the road in front of you. Or blindly following a doe, or doe scent on the ground. The day when I'm most likely to see rutting action. Happens the same time each year. The five days on either side of the 10th are the best days to be out all day. Or be out in the woods as much as possible. These are the days we think about all year!

That's because Nov. 10th is the Marine Corps birthday and even the deer know to show some damn respect!!

image.png.5f1784c7f4b1c3c75d44606c12b29ef3.png

November 10th-12th are my favorite days.

My general rule of thumb is if I'm after a resident buck I know about, I want to be in the woods that first week of November.  If I'm after a non-resident buck that I'm depending on coming onto the property, often times that second week of November is best, and even the third week.  I've seen some of the biggest bucks in that third week.

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

19 minutes ago, nywaw said:

November 10th-12th are my favorite days.

My general rule of thumb is if I'm after a resident buck I know about, I want to be in the woods that first week of November.  If I'm after a non-resident buck that I'm depending on coming onto the property, often times that second week of November is best, and even the third week.  I've seen some of the biggest bucks in that third week.

Should post what WMU you hunt as well. Would be interesting to see if there is a spread.

As for me, I don't have a day as this is only my fourth year now. I can tell you though, once my cell-cameras start popping off with buck movement during mid-day then that is my indicator that it is time. 

3M

5 minutes ago, HeavyUser said:

Should post what WMU you hunt as well. Would be interesting to see if there is a spread.

As for me, I don't have a day as this is only my fourth year now. I can tell you though, once my cell-cameras start popping off with buck movement during mid-day then that is my indicator that it is time. 

3M

4-H  is where I hunt. The hills just west of Albany.

Edited by grampy