IGNORED

ADK Backwoods Trapping Camp 2023

Some additional photos from the last few days…a beautiful coyote, worlds smallest muskrat, and a few more coon.  I’m very happy with the quality of the fur and the put up (not nearly as many ticks as I have seen in the past).  I brought some of the boarded fur inside to help speed up the drying process because I’m running out of boards and pins…after leather drys, I wipe off the grease, and bundled the hides in newspaper in preparation for transport.

I met with the DEC the other day to get my fisher and bobcat pelts sealed…was told not many people trapping these days.  

The weather has been like a roller coaster ride but manageable…the ponds I’m camped near have frozen over a few times recently…had about 3 inches of ice in a dirty pot I had left outside to soak.  Despite the rain/snow/melts and deep freezes, my traps are still firing, mostly due to the waxed dirt I’m using at some of my sets.  Trying to catch the bait thief at two of my cubby sets…I think it’s a weasel but I didn’t bring any small traps.

Take care!

IMG_6155.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6164.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

IMG_6210.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6231.jpeg

Thanks for all the nice comments!  After close to 3 weeks, I broke camp and headed back to civilization!  I’m going to work with old Brian to put a video together of the trip and thought it would be cool if I could answer any questions you might have regarding my trip and include them in the video…I.e., camp preparation, setup, and take down, trap prep, set making and fur handling, hunting with a flintlock, game prep for meals, and any general questions about camp, trapping and the area I stayed.

Post questions here or message me.

Thanks and good luck!

Dino

IMG_6240.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dinorocks said:

Thanks for all the nice comments!  After close to 3 weeks, I broke camp and headed back to civilization!  I’m going to work with old Brian to put a video together of the trip and thought it would be cool if I could answer any questions you might have regarding my trip and include them in the video…I.e., camp preparation, setup, and take down, trap prep, set making and fur handling, hunting with a flintlock, game prep for meals, and any general questions about camp, trapping and the area I stayed.

Post questions here or message me.

Thanks and good luck!

Dino

IMG_6240.jpeg

Good lord that picture is gorgeous. 

Hi Dino,

Pictures look great. Looking forward to hearing about it in person when you get back. I’m hunting with grandson Michael trying to get him a deer. I’m anxious to work on the video with you and like the idea you have about answering questions in it. If there is enough interest we could even do an interactive Livestream from your fur shed. Have a safe trip home and see you soon.

Brian