IGNORED

Giant 8 shot in Suffolk county!

nywaw

1 minute ago, mowin said:

These guy are actually looking for hunting land up here in Rensselaer co.  We're dumbfounded as to why.  It's not like they will ever see anything close to what they see downstate, lol. 

I would think likely a change of pace, a place to get away in different woods, and less pressure. You should see the insanity to get certain spots down here. Depending on where, it's pretty much first come first serve, so you'll actually have guys sitting in the parking spots 5 hours before sunrise and sleeping in their trucks just to make sure the parking spot is taken (if you know the crazy rules about hunting on Long Island and reservations and checking in at the station etc you would understand lol)

Palma non sine pulvere 

1 minute ago, NYRturkeycall said:

I would think likely a change of pace, a place to get away in different woods, and less pressure. You should see the insanity to get certain spots down here. Depending on where, it's pretty much first come first serve, so you'll actually have guys sitting in the parking spots 5 hours before sunrise and sleeping in their trucks just to make sure the parking spot is taken (if you know the crazy rules about hunting on Long Island and reservations and checking in at the station etc you would understand lol)

These guys are on small private parcels.  

I imagine not hearing traffic, horns, and normal city noises would be a welcome change. 

At least if they hear gunshots up here, they will be confident someone wasn't shot, lol. 

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

These guys are on small private parcels.  

I imagine not hearing traffic, horns, and normal city noises would be a welcome change. 

At least if they hear gunshots up here, they will be confident someone wasn't shot, lol. 

That is how most really big, older bucks are killed here in NJ. They are all “backyard bucks”. They thrive in small wood lots and strips of woods along major roads. Getting legal sites to pursue them is key. It’s urban hunting compared to most any other hunting and I’ve seen it bring out the ugly in people at times, but it only goes to reason that bucks grow old where you have an extremely tough time legally pursuing them. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

2 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

Totally agree.  I live on Long Island and haven't even considered hunting locally since i got my own place upstate.  It's too much of a hassle- and i'm really not interested in the backyard hunting thing.

6 hours ago, virgil said:

Totally agree.  I live on Long Island and haven't even considered hunting locally since i got my own place upstate.  It's too much of a hassle- and i'm really not interested in the backyard hunting thing.

Yeah man. The only thing I like about it is the drive to the certain public spots i have.  Trying to convince my wife to get a place upstate.

Palma non sine pulvere