IGNORED

Where to set up?

BowmanMike

Screenshot_20231114_141435_onXHunt.thumb.jpg.8c9e077355b10df5fdaa3d39ea4d1847.jpgSo check this spot out,any input is welcome. I am where the dot is right now. All the fields are corn this year,even that sliver on the right. Around the ponds and the creek is super thick, 5 to 6' goldenrod and other stuff. By the creek is super thick too,I scouted in there and almost got claustrophobic.

Edited by BowmanMike

2 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So check this spot out,any input is welcome. I am where the dot is right now. All the fields are corn this year,even that sliver on the right. Around the ponds and the creek is super thick, 5 to 6' goldenrod and other stuff. By the creek is super thick too,I scouted in there and almost got claustrophobic.

I think you may have forgot to attach the picture.

3 hours ago, The Back 40 said:

Have you checked to see if there are any signs of them travelling between the narrow field and the larger field? the NE corner looks like it may be a travel corridor. If the wind is predominantly out of the west you should be good for travel to and from.

Yes,lots of paths in that corridor. But then there are paths everywhere and the muddy ground shows footprints forever. 

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

That seems so weird. they cant see across the rows. I did find a deer leg just on the edge of the corn,a victim of the coyotes. 

This property is full of bedding cover anywhere they go.

You know the coyotes took the deer down? 

Deer live in cornfields throughout the entire Midwest.  I'm not saying they are on this property, but it's not weird at all.  

1 hour ago, Stubborn1vt said:

You know the coyotes took the deer down? 

Deer live in cornfields throughout the entire Midwest.  I'm not saying they are on this property, but it's not weird at all.  

Well, just seems weird to me is all. I am not saying you are wrong.

I found a deer leg,lots of hair and coyote poop in one corner.  Of course I don't know if the yotes killed it or if it got hit by a car. I didn't see the rest of the carcass, because it is so thick there.  Could have walked past it without knowing or maybe one coyote just brought the leg along for a travel snack. 

1 hour ago, NYRturkeycall said:

Southwest of the Blue Dot, through the thick travel corridor just to the right of the first pond. Or just below into the left of the blue dot where the creek bends up. That's my two cents for a quick glance

Good eye,I almost set up southwest of the dot. There are some big old apple trees in there. Apples are gone by now but there was decent sign. 

Lots of bear poop on that property too. I think I will go there during gun season too with bow in hand...

It also had some what I think was white oaks on it,they were on the smaller side. I guess they would be gone by now as well.