IGNORED

Have/would you enter a buck in the books?

Buckmaster7600

I’ve never entered one and most likely never will. I think this years buck is the 3rd adk buck that nets over 140. My buddy that picked it up from the butcher for me couldn’t believe that I just had the horns cut off and am not mounting it and had it scored,  I know it’s not official and green but there’s wiggle room. To me the book means nothing, I’m more proud that he weighed 199 than his antlers.

if you’ve killed one that made the book did you enter it? Why/why not

if you did would you enter it? Why/why not.

So my biggest is 126 inch and the only reason i know this is  i had it scored by NY big buck  club . Its big enough to enter it but i never did . If i ever shoot bigger i still wouldn't , its just your name in a book . Like you said , your most happy with the weight . We all have personal goals , i do like big antlers but I've been eating tag soup the last few years and i do love me some venison.   

Which books we talking, 140 is big enough for ny big buck but not Boone. I have one in pope and young that scored 128 and change. I did it cause I'll  probably never shoot another NY buck that big with a bow. Went all out and took a couple of friends to the banquet.  They put on a pretty cool event. Even got the belt buckle. Just get your t-shirt as soon as it opens. They go fast.

20230805_103929.jpg

I've taken a couple that would make P&Y. Didn't enter and if I'm lucky to take anything bigger, I won't enter that one either. Most of my antlers get cut up for dog chews.  I did have one dipped because I liked the looks of it. 

If someone wants to enter their deer, that's ok with me. I do what works for me, and I respect what works for others. 

Some pretty deep thinkers here. LOL

Yes I have, NYS & P&Y.

I'm not a trophy hunter at all, just try and shoot something over a year and a half but don't sweat out the "hit list" buck horseshit.  I've only ever named one trail cam buck and right now I've forgotten what it was. :)

How many guys will admit to entering one if they do someday get one that qualifies????

I would enter a whitetail buck if I shot one that made P&Y and/or B&C. I would be curious to see the exact score. I find it interesting. Especially how they score non-typicals even though I never shot one. I had SCI officially score my bobcat and lynx since B&C doesn’t have them as big game. When the guy came to my house I had him score a mule deer for me for fun too. I hate the idea of Net scoring on whitetails, since to me the more inches the better why penalize with deductions for asymmetry. I only score gross when I do my own. I also think a lot of people who never scored a deer, think they score way higher than they actually do.