IGNORED

Mid winter GTG

On 1/4/2024 at 7:13 PM, Bucksnbows said:

You’re getting even closer!  How about the Greenwood Lake area 😁

Im kidding. The greater Newburgh area would be great for me for certain.  And I agree we can all travel a reasonable distance and get more together that way. 

I am on Long Island and Newburgh is drivable- count me in!

On 1/4/2024 at 5:47 PM, Upstate Nerdneck said:

@grampykeeps saying he's going to set up an ENY one, time to step up to the plate Oh wise-big-buck-serial-killer!

I was thinking Maple On The Lake in East Berne? It's nice there, lots of room, good food and drink, reasonable prices. But a bit off the beaten path. I used to live within a quarter mile. But now I'm off the hill, since I moved almost three years ago. About a half hour drive now for me. If there is enough interest, I could give Chris and Amanda a call. If not I will attend one anywhere in the Capital Region.

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

I was thinking Maple On The Lake in East Berne? It's nice there, lots of room, good food and drink, reasonable prices. But a bit off the beaten path. I used to live within a quarter mile. But now I'm off the hill, since I moved almost three years ago. About a half hour drive now for me. If there is enough interest, I could give Chris and Amanda a call. If not I will attend one anywhere in the Capital Region.

Well, your the only one that has a venue in mind.  I'm farther out from the downstate guys and more so for the CNY or WNY members.  

I'd be in for a Newburgh area, but that's pushing it.  That would probably knock out any CNY or WNY members also. 

39 minutes ago, mowin said:

Well, your the only one that has a venue in mind.  I'm farther out from the downstate guys and more so for the CNY or WNY members.  

I'd be in for a Newburgh area, but that's pushing it.  That would probably knock out any CNY or WNY members also. 

NY is too large for a central meeting place most can attend. Heck, NJ is tiny and we have to split up GTGs between north and south although our southern crew never sets any up. A few of them make the pilgrimage to north Jersey each December instead. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

54 minutes ago, grampy said:

that's a solid hour drive for me. i'd make it if i don't have anything in my schedule too important that's a conflict. i've met very few people from this and old forum. hell if things fall through there's always saratoga fair. lol i botched that last year because i was too focused on my own plate of things to get done.

47 minutes ago, mowin said:

2 hr drive for me that i would try to make work but much harder schedule and logistics wise.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm sure we are all well aware of the dangers associated with these get to together. I hope we're all little bit older and more mature so we don't have a replay of one of the original GTG from the old site.

ac29c77a0ef1f246e0eb521284644f4f7d0b584a603c312490b5a520f5e7cced_1.jpg

the story was so confusing to us eastern ny guys. all i know was jay was there in his bunny suit. 

56 minutes ago, grampy said:

I Second " Maple on the Lake in East Berne " , my wife and I have been there for lunch ! Nice place and good food ! 

12 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

the story was so confusing to us eastern ny guys. all i know was jay was there in his bunny suit. 

The details are still unclear ,it was a great time ...until it wasnt.

37 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

NY is too large for a central meeting place most can attend. Heck, NJ is tiny and we have to split up GTGs between north and south although our southern crew never sets any up. A few of them make the pilgrimage to north Jersey each December instead. 

we've actually had a decent group ones with 30+ people. It's usually when 5 or 6 WNY guys trek to SENY and grab a hotel for the night.