IGNORED

Boning Knives?

Lawdwaz

Curious what you use and like in boning knives.   I’ve bought a few new ones over the years and a bunch of used ones from a local commercial knife restaurant sharpening rental place.   Povinelli is/was their name.   Not sure if they’re still around??

My favorite by far is the red one on the bottom.   All were $2-3.00 except the top one, that’s a fair Vicktorinox.   

image.jpg

I also have old boning knives from Povinelli. They are great for the $3-4 each. I also have large ss bowls and large cutting boards from them. All great prices.

Unfortunately Povinellis is closed. They sold out to a national company and are no longer open to the public. 

Edited by 2012-Taco
spelling

22 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont know what a profile is

To me it's the blade design; curved/straight and a stiff or flexible blade.  Also the length of the blade is something that can differ, I prefer about a 6" blade.

You know when it's right.............or wrong.

i don't remember and can't read ones dad has from his store. for a long time now i've used victorinox or dexter russell. a blade lasts quite a long time so they've had to have seen some use or gotten ground sharp a lot. 5" or so with a curve and something you're able to get the heal of the blade close to the cutting surface. not all mine meet those specs but that's what i've figured out i like. flexible or semi-flex idk. depends on the day. i bent the edge all to hell on a flexible blade of mine years ago because i was in a hurry but it works good removing stuff like silver skin.