IGNORED

#$@%& MICE!!

I brought my Rancher back home from my friends barn this past weekend for some modification I want to do.  I took it off the trailer today and was going to grab the OEM tire gauge out of the back compartment when I spotted a pile of corn in the battery box.    A couple years ago I found a couple big handfuls of corn in my front rack storage bag, MICE!!    Damn it all…….

My buddy has a swan he owns that winters in the barn so gets corn in its bowl every few days.  The mice must have been stealing it out of the swans bowl and hiding it in the bag & battery box for a rainy day.   

I had to get pretty creative to vacuum out all the battery box corn but got it all.  After finishing that, I pulled the cover off the air filter box, WHAT IN THE HECK IS THAT??

I grabbed a rubber glove and scrapped and scooped the crap out then vacuumed it.  I have no idea if it was all feces, urine, puke or dead mice, never saw anything quite like it.

Hopefully that’s all there is in there, glad the little bastids didn’t chew any wires.

(The picture with the battery box is only showing where the corn was)

IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_3566.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz

Lucky they didn't get to wires,thats for sure!had an issue 2 Years ago with my other half's honda accord.had the perfect idea to have her park in garage for the winter so I didn't have to brush it off,the mice had another idea when they made a nest under the intake manifold.found out when check engine light was on and was due for inspection.little bastards chewed the knock sensor wires in half🤦‍♂️that was a real treat to change but got it without taking the intake off!🤬🤬

36 minutes ago, grampy said:

Hard to avoid mice in most storage places for ATV's and such. Like Rob mentioned, moth balls do help. Just a pain collecting them from the moths.  :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My buddy once asked me if I ever smelled moth balls? I told him I  tried but it was tough getting my nose between his legs.  😎

Shocked Oh No GIF by ION Mystery

I use a couple of them little folding style traps baited with dabs of peanut butter out in my pole barn and it seems to do a good job on them.  I might get a dozen or so every winter and so far I haven’t had any serious damage to boat, camper or tractors stored in there.  

Couple years ago my wife tried to start the push mower and when she pulled the cord she decapitated a few mice that had moved into the starter coil. Our dog got a few that escaped the first assault. Next year I think the surviving mice read a mechanics handbook and chewed the spark plug wire so they could not be surprised....little bastards.

I had to bring my pickup in today because the check engine light was on.  Mice had chewed several of the wires and built a little nest in one of the air filters.  That was costly. 

I don't think moth balls in the engine compartment is a good idea. Wouldn't I smell that in the cabin?  I've heard there is a mouse repellent that actually smells nice to humans, but not mice.  Grandpa Gus's natural mouse repellent. 

Went up north to pulaski to steelhead fish one cold February  morning. Was leaning on the truck  trying to put my waders on, which by they way were hanging from the rafters in the basement, and couldn't get one leg in. Reached in a from the knee down was full of dog food. Lol

9 hours ago, Otto said:

I had to bring my pickup in today because the check engine light was on.  Mice had chewed several of the wires and built a little nest in one of the air filters.  That was costly. 

I don't think moth balls in the engine compartment is a good idea. Wouldn't I smell that in the cabin?  I've heard there is a mouse repellent that actually smells nice to humans, but not mice.  Grandpa Gus's natural mouse repellent. 

I had a $2300 repair bill on my last Tundra for mice chewing on my wiring harness. Comprehensive insurance covered all but the deductible.

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I had a $2300 repair bill on my last Tundra for mice chewing on my wiring harness. Comprehensive insurance covered all but the deductible.

Mine was $1600.  Thanks for the tip, Ill check with my insurance agent! 

10 hours ago, Otto said:

The OP was talking about a quad parked in his shed, not an enclosed truck or car. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board