IGNORED

Guess the ground hog was correct.

mowin

early due to the mild winter and very little snow maybe. seems a little early for them to be looking for love but maybe. after that you've got a month before the next wave when dad gets the boot before birth. my hay days of hunting them are over with how hard i hit them in past years. whole farm is mostly hay ground across a mountain. they were real bad at one point.

20 minutes ago, mowin said:

Lot more woodchucks back in the late 80's early 90's then today in my area.  

Had lots of fun hunting them back then. 

As you say the early 80's was great time to be a woodchuck hunter. Spent many evenings riding around with friends   shooting woodchucks. Nobody thought anything of it.  Shot some holes in the roofs of cars and hoods and tailgates of trucks.

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

Woodchuck hunting is always a blast! Not as many around as there used to be. But enough to keep the 22 Hornet in shape and on target.

Agree. As a kid, my Dad took me once a week in the summer to a farm in dutchess county to shoot woodchucks. Great practice. After shooting I also got to learn how to drive on the farm in a Nissan Pathfinder SUV starting at 13 years old. By the time I was 16, I was ready to roll.

3 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Agree. As a kid, my Dad took me once a week in the summer to a farm in dutchess county to shoot woodchucks. Great practice. After shooting I also got to learn how to drive on the farm in a Nissan Pathfinder SUV starting at 13 years old. By the time I was 16, I was ready to roll.

Sounds like some great memories for you and your dad!  Good times hunting chucks for many of us it seems.

53 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

They are setting you up guys! April is going to go sub freezing and dump a few feet of snow on us.

Now why would you go and say something as dreadful as that?

In the summer of 1966, I killed 76 woodchucks...I shot most of them with my Win M69A .22 with a Weaver C4 scope..  I had  a scoped Rem 722 in .222 Rem at the time, but shells for it were $3.15 for 20 rounds, as opposed to less than a buck for a box of 50 .22LR hollow points...