IGNORED

Parasites at Game Dinner!

2BuckBizCT

From a post in a FB group there is alot more than 2 people sick. Many have been in and out of the hospital since the dinner.  All of the sick so far went to the dinner on the 19th. My friends went on the 20th and are fine so far. Supposedly the board of health said there were atleast 30-40 people sick, but 2 have tested positive for toxo so far. 

https://westchester.news12.com/westchester-county-issues-health-alert-over-american-legion-hall-dinners

Edited by bushbound

3 minutes ago, bushbound said:

From a post in a FB group there is alot more than 2 people sick. Many have been in and out of the hospital since the dinner.  All of the sick so far went to the dinner on the 19th. My friends went on the 20th and are fine so far. Supposedly the board of health said there were atleast 30-40 people sick, but 2 have tested positive for toxo so far. 

https://westchester.news12.com/westchester-county-issues-health-alert-over-american-legion-hall-dinners

Wow that’s crazy. I never been to a “game dinner” at a hall like that. I see the ads for them often. Usually police guys

Been to quite a few game dinners and only thing I wouldn't  eat is the bear. I don't  know what "done" bear meat looks like. So not going to risk it. According  to the cdc page upwards of 40 million people already have the parasite and it doesn't effect  them. It's only people with immune deficiency  that get sickest.

I have been to quite a few Game Dinners over the years. Squirrel, Rabbit,Pheasant,Venison, Wild Turkey,Big Horned Sheep,Black Bear,Etc.

I will never eat Black Bear Meat again. Tough and,I did not like the Flavor. Big Horned Sheep-- the very best meat,I have ever eaten!

For those who don't know- everyone gets in line and there is usually 4 or 5 tables lined up together and you go down the line and get 1 great big spoonful of each item you want.  There could be 20+ items to choose from! 

Whatever this parasite is- investigators would be wanting to know how many different  meats the different  Hunters brought in to the Game Dinner. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

taxoplasmosis, aka catch scratch fever is from felines. There's a great meateater podcast on all the crap you can get from wildgame and I thought it was one of those that was easy to cook out and not a high temp. It's very common in house cats and why they say pregnant women should avoid cats and stuff. 

I'm guessing someone served mountain lion.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

taxoplasmosis, aka catch scratch fever is from felines. There's a great meateater podcast on all the crap you can get from wildgame and I thought it was one of those that was easy to cook out and not a high temp. It's very common in house cats and why they say pregnant women should avoid cats and stuff. 

I'm guessing someone served mountain lion.

Cat feces that is. But it is also present in undercooked meats which is far more likely here given it was a game dinner. And “meat” is not limited to one type either. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

1 minute ago, Bucksnbows said:

Cat feces that is. But it is also present in undercooked meats which is far more likely here given it was a game dinner. And “meat” is not limited to one type either. 

thanks for clarifying. And that's right, i think it's avoid litter boxes when pregnant to be specific. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12