IGNORED

Parasites at Game Dinner!

2BuckBizCT

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

Another fear unlocked!

If you cook everything to 160, which the cdc says is the temp for taxo you're fine. And honestly just about everything out there dies at 160.

I've been to a few game dinners. Never had an issue, but we all must admit they're a little sketchy because you have no idea how the meat was handled or cooked. Heck same really for a pot luck if we're honest. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

39 minutes ago, Belo said:

If you cook everything to 160, which the cdc says is the temp for taxo you're fine. And honestly just about everything out there dies at 160.

I've been to a few game dinners. Never had an issue, but we all must admit they're a little sketchy because you have no idea how the meat was handled or cooked. Heck same really for a pot luck if we're honest. 

Im certainly not cooking venison to 160, Id rather not eat it!

Hate to be that guy but this is why I dont eat too many peoples meals unless I know them well enough or seen it from field to table.  I think it just comes with the territory, I dont trust anyone anymore with anything. again unless I know you well enough to change my mind, its how I start  out each relation. Too many rotten apples around. I like the social part of these things but, ITs so hard to trust people and things these days. I just stay away :/

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im certainly not cooking venison to 160, Id rather not eat it!

10 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Same. If my venison is medium it's because I messed up.

I'm the other way entirely. I can't eat anything bloody. Or my venison still grunting when I eat it.

29 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

well done beef/venison/lamb is a SIN!

Not for me! The reason cavemen got fire was to COOK their darn meat!

If it ain't cooked. I ain't eating it! Don't like it burnt and black either. A little touch of pink in the middle is fine. But it just  needs to be done!!

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Hate to be that guy but this is why I dont eat too many peoples meals unless I know them well enough or seen it from field to table.  I think it just comes with the territory, I dont trust anyone anymore with anything. again unless I know you well enough to change my mind, its how I start  out each relation. Too many rotten apples around. I like the social part of these things but, ITs so hard to trust people and things these days. I just stay away :/

Meh, I just ordered lunch from a well know and established restaurant and the middle of my burger was pretty much raw. I still ate it though.