IGNORED

Bobcat trapping

I just got home from uncovering my sets. The temps are rising and the snow is falling from the trees. I didn’t see any tracks at all…….  not even deer tracks. Hopefully he might be moving around tonight or tomorrow night. I think I missed his travel loop and with the breeding season underway , it might be even longer before he returns. IMG_5560.thumb.png.e7e57363c729d4a0f0100601e43cb116.pngIMG_5554.thumb.png.e133bbac135d220856485fbead7cffe2.pngIMG_5556.thumb.png.42a18cc11889677990b8b765e5f77a9f.pngIMG_5559.thumb.png.4b86a532e5e74866056d5e0bb0833209.png

Cool! Good luck with your future bobcat trapping.  Not sure what state you are trapping in but if you hang the feathers in a tree, the wind moving them will attract bobcats (some trappers hang cd’s near their traps (not legal in NY)).  Bobcat can be guided to step on your pan with larger sticks and stones whereas a coyote will not.  It would be helpful to blend your trap cover with the area around your trap.  Make sure your trap is not too close to your dirt hole.  I like to construct large cubbies and put a pair  taxidermy glass eyes in the back…they glisten in the moon light and can attract the bobcat…they are very curious critters…Curiosity killed the cat

IMG_6091.jpeg

On 2/16/2024 at 6:37 AM, Dinorocks said:

Cool! Good luck with your future bobcat trapping.  Not sure what state you are trapping in but if you hang the feathers in a tree, the wind moving them will attract bobcats (some trappers hang cd’s near their traps (not legal in NY)).  Bobcat can be guided to step on your pan with larger sticks and stones whereas a coyote will not.  It would be helpful to blend your trap cover with the area around your trap.  Make sure your trap is not too close to your dirt hole.  I like to construct large cubbies and put a pair  taxidermy glass eyes in the back…they glisten in the moon light and can attract the bobcat…they are very curious critters…Curiosity killed the cat

IMG_6091.jpeg

Feathers , garland , tinsel and cd’s are all legal in New York.  I know everything about nothing.🙂

On 2/16/2024 at 7:12 AM, Bucndoe said:

Cover that trap up better, you shouldn't even know that its there

20231115_092710.thumb.jpg.f97cb912ad4e416fcf9c8260bb08270c.jpg

I only blend in my canine sets. I like to leave the dirt pattern for “eye appeal “ when trying to catch bobcats.