IGNORED

Deleting Pics in My Attachments?

8 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I found where you are at. Yes, simple. Just click on the small box to the right of each photo and it will ask if you want it deleted. 

439AED86-C31C-45E9-B1F1-70A67F95CBF4.png

I'm still learning the in's and out's of the site, but if he deletes them, will they also be removed from the thread he posted them in? 

Edited by mowin

1 minute ago, mowin said:

I'm still learning, but 

I'm still learning the in's and out's of the site, but if he deletes them, will they also be removed from the thread he posted them in? 

That’s what I’m thinking. Sometimes pics are posted that you might not want floating around out there forever and I would like the option to delete them. Part of the reason I usually use a pic hosting site, so I can delete when I want to and the pic is just no longer available in the post.

It's a setting that I don't have consistently set between groups. I'll need to fix that.  Here's what the setting says. 

Attachments are automatically deleted if the content they are attached to is deleted or the attachment is removed from them.
When this option is enabled, users in this group will be able to delete attachments from the My Attachments page. When they do so, anywhere the attachment was used will then contain a broken image or link.

The main problem is indeed leaving posts with broken images.  Not sure what to do here as the broken images are negative weights for the site in search engines because they impact the viewing of content (which is valid). The better approach is editing the posts and deleting the pics there.

13 minutes ago, nywaw said:

The main problem is indeed leaving posts with broken images.  Not sure what to do here as the broken images are negative weights for the site in search engines because they impact the viewing of content (which is valid). The better approach is editing the posts and deleting the pics there.

Oh, gotcha! I'm used to only having ~1hr to edit posts on the old site, so I didn't realize I could go back and edit posts here from a month or so ago! I like it!! Good to know there's an option to remove attachments if one so chooses! Thanks!

42 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Oh, gotcha! I'm used to only having ~1hr to edit posts on the old site, so I didn't realize I could go back and edit posts here from a month or so ago! I like it!! Good to know there's an option to remove attachments if one so chooses! Thanks!

Yeah I opened up edit duration to members so they can do edits long term. :up: