IGNORED

Warm temps ,budding and killing temperatures

This is why you want to diversify food sources when managing for whitetails. Mast crops and fruit trees both have years with little to no crops. Having some of each means some highly desirable foods every year. If frost is a big issue in Spring, consider chestnuts (of whichever species) because they pollinate after all chances of frost each year. For the new NY farm I’m helping my best friend with, we have a lot of wild apple trees. We are adding oaks, chestnuts, pears, and persimmons to round out food sources we only have to plant once. We also have food plots and our farmer plants corn and soybeans each year. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

I've located 57 "volunteer" mature apple trees on one of our properties, and we've planted another 50 or so at each of the two places we own to complement the hard mast and browse we are also trying to establish. Most of the volunteer trees only fruit well every two years. And while I do think that while having food is important, it's tough to compete with sown crops. If I were hoping to maximize deer usage of my property, I'd go with bedding cover over food, at least in our area. The best advice I've heard is to identify what's lacking in your neighborhood and provide that. The second best advice is to make sure you have stealthy entrance and egress strategies. 

But property maintenance and habitat work is just so much fun! It's tough not to play with what you've been gifted. Just don't expect miracles...