IGNORED

Zack's Sports

DirtTime

I know some of you guys go to Zack's, so what's the low down?

Carry AR parts-uppers, lowers, mags?

Shotgun barrels? Chokes?

Prices?

*Smith or just a sales shop?

*Drill and tap, barrel work, etc.

I'm not a fan of the indoor range rules, "No outside ammo. All ammo must be purchased here.". Nope, I will not be forced into complying with NY's not so hidden gun registry, so I won't be using the range.

I don't feed trolls.

34 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Shotgun barrels? Chokes?

Prices?

I'm not a fan of the indoor range rules, "No outside ammo. All ammo must be purchased here.". Nope, I will not be forced into complying with NY's not so hidden gun registry, so I won't be using the range.

I've been in it a few times over the years, but not recently.  

Don't like the indoor rules either, but it's probably because idiots bring in the wrong type of ammo and damage the range or put people in danger. 

I've honestly only been a couple times they did have some ar parts but didn't seem like a huge selection. Ammo stock was okay. Prices were a touch higher than other shops. Don't know ammo deal but many ranges don't want ammo that tears up stops and traps. Also ensures someone isn't shooting crap reloads and has a gun blow up at their facility.

I'm not an AR guy but I've bought plenty of guns and ammo from Zacks . Kevin the owner is a great guy . They had a gun smith years ago , I don't know if they do anymore. I heard one of the shops up glens falls way has an excellent gun smith . I'll try to find out where ...

10 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Shotgun barrels? Chokes?

Prices?

If you buy ammo at a range and use it all at the range there is no background check required. 

16 hours ago, Mike103 said:

If you buy ammo at a range and use it all at the range there is no background check required. 

That makes no sense as who would know if you used all the ammo you bought? Someone standing there counting fired rounds? No thanks to that too. Just curious, do you have any proof of this? Actual proof, not something you read on the internet. Or your cousins sisters, best friends, nephews, neighbors, bests friends dog said...

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of business there. About the only thing I'd buy are parts and such or black powder stuff if they have any.

I don't feed trolls.

I do. I’m the president of a large Sportsman’s club on LI and the NYS Police train at our range and we have a good relationship with them.

If you call 1-855-LAW-GUNS, that is the hot line for the NYS police and they will answer all your questions. 

There is an exception for clubs and public ranges. Background checks are not required for ammo consumed at the range. Does that mean someone is standing over you watching?? Not at my club or at the public ranges in my area. The troopers will not tell you how much ammunition you can buy only that it has to be reasonable. What does that mean? IDK but I would not discuss amounts on the internet. 

I have called the troopers many many times making sure that my club is in compliance with all NYS laws. 

But you could simply ask at the range how they are handling it. Or call the troopers. In any event it’s a shit sandwich. 

4 hours ago, Mike103 said:

I do. I’m the president of a large Sportsman’s club on LI and the NYS Police train at our range and we have a good relationship with them.

If you call 1-855-LAW-GUNS, that is the hot line for the NYS police and they will answer all your questions. 

There is an exception for clubs and public ranges. Background checks are not required for ammo consumed at the range. Does that mean someone is standing over you watching?? Not at my club or at the public ranges in my area. The troopers will not tell you how much ammunition you can buy only that it has to be reasonable. What does that mean? IDK but I would not discuss amounts on the internet. 

I have called the troopers many many times making sure that my club is in compliance with all NYS laws. 

But you could simply ask at the range how they are handling it. Or call the troopers. In any event it’s a shit sandwich. 

Thank you kindly for the reply. If I call 5 times, I'll get 5 different answers, and once it was three different answers from the same LEO. Yessir, it's a giant shit sandwich. It's all back in court as well as a repeal top the SAFE Act. The higher courts have heard arguments and agreed, but sent it back to lower courts for them to "Do what's right." before the big dogs have to get involved.

Anyways, sounds like for a little more drive time and gas money I'd be better off shopping elsewhere. I appreciate the information from you guys, thank you.

I don't feed trolls.

I’m presently in Florida and will be driving home in time for the turkey opener. 

You know I’m not going to get as good gas mileage going home as I did coming down. lol.

I know that we all know what to do to continue shooting and hunting. I just worry about the beginners that can’t navigate the system and just decide to take up golf. 

Good luck.