IGNORED

Odd noise in duct work / gas fireplace

Nomad

So we return home from Fla. , while we’re gone the water heater is set to vacation mode, the furnace to 60 degrees ,and of course the gas fireplace is not used . So everything is now returned to normal settings , then one morning I hear a machine gun rat a tat tat coming from the fireplace, it continues every minute or so, I fire it up and it lights , then the blower comes on ,ok good. 

A couple days later same thing … this morning I hear it and run down stairs to listen to furnace and water heater ,I hear it trough duct work into water heater , go upstairs and it’s much louder in gas fireplace . I record it and go to the Fireplace store where I bought it, guy listened and said “ woodpecker “ ! lol then he says we get calls every spring for that ,they sit on sheet metal cap and bang away to attract a mate , well he may attract a pellet .

Anyways if you ever hear this now you know !

1 minute ago, GRIFF-POINT said:

I too have had a woodpecker hammering mine for first time ever for like a week!! That's crazy, probably has to do with the eclipse?!

I just glad to have figured it out ! 

1 hour ago, GRIFF-POINT said:

I too have had a woodpecker hammering mine for first time ever for like a week!! That's crazy, probably has to do with the eclipse?!

I tell ya, you gotta watch out for them birds..