IGNORED

Good luck to the youths tomorrow.

mowin

5 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I’m pumped! My buddy that’s guiding us has a few birds patterned that we are going after in the morning. 

For as excited as I am I think he’s even more excited. Our youth might be the least excited out of the three of us! Lol 

I've killed a lot of turkeys.  Watching a Tom come strutting in with a youth behind the trigger gets me every time.. I think I'm shaking more than the youth..lol.

We had a super cool morning hunt. The birds just didn’t come in close enough. 

We had one Tom gobbling right away 100 yards straight away right where we expected them. Before the Tom came out of the wood line we had a hen clucking off to our right. She showed herself at 20 yards away and worked into the decoys that were 10 yards away. She held there for a solid 15 min just clucking away while 2 Tom’s came out of the woods.

No matter what my friend tried with calls he could not get the Tom’s to come in any closer than 60 yards. Eventually after about 30 min the hen joined them and they went back to the wood line. The entire time the one Tom was fanned out and strutting back and forth. His head was almost pure white!  

after sometime the hen disappeared from view and I thought we where going to get the one Tom to come into the decoys but in the end the hen reappeared and all three walked off. 

On 4/20/2024 at 7:09 AM, GRIFF-POINT said:

We were able to tuck one in last night and he followed the script perfectly at first light.  Rolled him at 6:05 ish. Still shaking like a leaf!20240420_061348.thumb.jpg.bd32f0767369cc178f6f41a59c0c4785.jpg20240420_062103.thumb.jpg.1245aa40d059a9d7845943e8f2c0d087.jpg20240420_062937.thumb.jpg.836f3583aa1352ec7f6cbacffd6eb447.jpg

Awesome morning!  Congrats all around! :up: