IGNORED

Stamp Collectors?

The_Real_TCIII

Interested in the response to this. I have 2 collections. One from my grandfather and one from my Mom's best friends husband. All have passed on and were left to me. It would cost thousands to have someone assess 10s maybe 100s of thousands of stamps.....

It's getting hard to find someone who will buy them for a fair price. Those type of shops are becoming a memory, and people are too busy with Tic-Tic to bother with stamps anymore. I have a bunch of old Bills cards from the Kelly era I've been looking to sell for a couple years now and having zero luck.

I don't feed trolls.

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

It's getting hard to find someone who will buy them for a fair price. Those type of shops are becoming a memory, and people are too busy with Tic-Tic to bother with stamps anymore. I have a bunch of old Bills cards from the Kelly era I've been looking to sell for a couple years now and having zero luck.

Are coins any easier?

14 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are coins any easier?

Not around here. Have a small jar of those too and they sit in a drawer. My wife's gonna bee throwing some stuff worth money out when I leave this rock and take my seat in Hell.

I don't feed trolls.

58 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are coins any easier?

Absolutely!  

There’s melt value aka the value of the silver or gold ,then for true rare coins there’s shops that buy them for the current value ,well less their cut .

YouTube is a great source to learn .

I stack gold and silver as well as have some old coins , some going back to the 1700’s 

The one with the whole drilled in the top is 1700 something .

IMG_3230.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

13 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Sports cards from the 1980's and 1990's are close to worthless unless they are something extremely unique. It is because everyone collected them then and saved them, so not much is rare. I finally gave up all my cards. Some of my Kobe Bryant cards, and dead MLB guys were worth money. Some Jordan ones too. At the end of the day I only got a couple hundred bucks.

13 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are coins any easier?

Yes, 100%. As @Nomad mentioned, Any old coins that have PM's in them (precious metals, not Pat Mahomes) are worth their weight. In most cases the weight of gold or silver outweighs the worth of a coin unless it's super rare. It's easy to calculate what your coins are worth once you look online at the year and see what % silver they are for example. I sold a bunch of coins a couple of years ago and got a couple thousand dollars.

One thing that is crazy to me is that at the local baseball card shop business is booming again. They were telling me how kids come in and video tape themselves opening a pack hoping to find a special card worth money. if they don't, they just leave the rest of the cards at the store and walk out. Gone are the days of kids collecting certain players/teams for themselves like i did. Now, it's all about the $ I guess. Tons of videos online of people posting "epic pulls", etc.

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

I have some coins that are worth nothing sitting in my house. I am getting closer to taking them anywhere to get anything for them regardless if what I get is honest. 

http://www.brookfieldcoincard.com/index.html text me when you go. it's right down the road. I and many I know have used them for years way before I lived nearby. Not far from costco

Edited by 2BuckBizCT

14 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are coins any easier?

not really easier but better.... buy them minted in gold and silver. then hind them in random safes on property. value certainly won't go down even in the dollar tanks. lol this is not professional financial advice.

23 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

not really easier but better.... buy them minted in gold and silver. then hind them in random safes on property. value certainly won't go down even in the dollar tanks. lol this is not professional financial advice.

Just make sure to keep a log somewhere of the locations, so it’s not the next homeowner or remodeler who finds it .

fun fact, Costco sells 2.4 Billion in gold a year , WalMarts  price on a tube ( 20) one Oz silver Eagles is hard to beat . Bring back the Hunt Bros. !