IGNORED

LEAVING NOTES OF WHERE YOU START.

I am Alone- but my Sister is just up the Road. I always leave notes of where,I plan to Park and Turkey Hunt. 

I move around alot- but at least the starting point is down on paper.

Never know- Anything can and will happen is what you have to remember. 

Who else leaves notes?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

It’s a good idea. I used to do that on permission properties I hunted years ago. More as a courtesy to the landowner when they saw my truck parked beside the barn.

Now, much older than those days, I generally stay on my own place. It’s 86 acres, but I have about a dozen favorite spots. If I should pass on while hunting, I figure they can make a treasure hunt out of finding which stand I’m in. Winner gets all the cash in my wallet which today would be about 8 bucks. 🤣

In all seriousness though, our family uses the iPhone find my friends app. Somebody can always locate me.

I either text my wife or tell my hunting and fishing buddies where I’ll be because only they could find me if something goes wrong and I tell my wife who to reach out to if I ever fail to return home. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

F that.  I'll leave a note like Hatchet Jack maybe.  No better place to kick the bucket than in the woods doing what I like.  And if you ain't with me I probably dont like you anyway.  lol 

Yeah I need a vacation.  

Jeremiah Johnson (1972) Johnson stumbles on Hatchet Jack while hunting and  reads his will attached to his chest: I… | Western movies, Jeremiah  johnson, Mountain man

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

7 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I am Alone- but my Sister is just up the Road. I always leave notes of where,I plan to Park and Turkey Hunt. 

I move around alot- but at least the starting point is down on paper.

Never know- Anything can and will happen is what you have to remember. 

Who else leaves notes?

Share ur location with me and I'll know where not to go. lol

My wife knows about where I'll be hunting. My lifelong hunting partner knows exactly where I am.

Fishing..........my wife will at least know what body of water I'm on. And about what time I expect to be home.

When the time comes for me, what better place to go than in one of my favorite spots!

Edited by grampy

47 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I share my location on my phone with my wife's phone. I don't think she even knows how to use it, but if something happens, someone will know.  

Many years ago when this first came out, we turned it on for my friend's phone to share to the rest of us. He had no idea. Everytime he went on a date we would show up at the same restaurant. It was hilarious and he couldn't figure how we always found him lol

First rule of the outdoors, where are you going and when do you plan on being back .

My stands are all marked on a screen shot of the land , Mrs Nomad is told which one I’m in , and when I get back to the truck she gets a text .

If the text never comes I figure in a few days ,she may send someone .

6 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

F that.  I'll leave a note like Hatchet Jack maybe.  No better place to kick the bucket than in the woods doing what I like.  And if you ain't with me I probably dont like you anyway.  lol 

Yeah I need a vacation.  

Jeremiah Johnson (1972) Johnson stumbles on Hatchet Jack while hunting and  reads his will attached to his chest: I… | Western movies, Jeremiah  johnson, Mountain man

So no invitation to camp for you.

My wife knows where I'll be if it's a hike, hunting, fishing, or camping. I either tell her before I go or I text her where I'll be and when I expect to return. She has noted that even more so now that I'll be bumming around unfamiliar woods.

I don't feed trolls.

I will tell my wife that I am sitting in the “Back line Stand”, but she has no real idea of where that actually is.  If something happened, they would find me eventually.  I do text her when I am safely on the ground and walking back.  That means “Honey, time to get dinner ready!”