IGNORED

What are some good event countdown dates?

nywaw

• nywaw changed the title to What are some good event countdown dates?
Matt, NY has rifle season(s) coming up. That’s a good start. NY trout opener is always April 1. Just a couple to start with. 

April 1 is also the striped bass opener north of the GW, usually results in a small get together of forum members along the banks of the Hudson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

These should be all the opening dates for all of the 2023 deer seasons both NZ and SZ:

NZ Early Bow- 9/27
SZ Early Bow- 10/1
NZ Early ML- 10/14
NZ Regular 10/21
SZ Crossbow 11/4
SZ Regular 11/18
NZ Late ML 12/6-12/13
SZ Late ML 12/13 - 12/21

If allowed to continue for 2023:

September Antlerless Only (WMU Specific) 9/11-9/19
SZ Holiday Season 12/26/23 - 1/1/24

I'm not sure on the youth deer seasons, no kids so I don't pay much attention to those dates.

Edited by DirtTime

I don't feed trolls.

I removed the countdowns for now and am shifting over to the Events Calendar the site software provides.  This will allow anyone to enter anything they are interested in tracking, it's also very useful in that it has RSVP tracking if you are having a Get Together and want to maintain a list of attendees, etc versus tracking it manually in a topic.

I'm going to see if I can pull the Events from the Calendar(s) and build the countdowns from it versus manually managing that as well :up:

1 hour ago, nywaw said:

I removed the countdowns for now and am shifting over to the Events Calendar the site software provides.  This will allow anyone to enter anything they are interested in tracking, it's also very useful in that it has RSVP tracking if you are having a Get Together and want to maintain a list of attendees, etc versus tracking it manually in a topic.

I'm going to see if I can pull the Events from the Calendar(s) and build the countdowns from it versus manually managing that as well :up:

I like the calendar better.  Seeing 104 days till spring turkey was depressing.. lol