IGNORED

New York Sportsman’s Expo 2023 Discussion

That’s what my friend does - sells all kinds of inexpensive hunting and fishing trinkets, mostly under $20.  He used to do pretty good.  I think because this is “Runnings” show, they don’t want a lot of competition for that sort of thing.  

I probably bought a blind from your friend there five or six years ago.  It was around $100 and I actually still use it. 

I went to the Harrisburg show a few years ago.  It took the good part of the day to go through, and I really didn’t linger in one spot for too long.  Almost overwhelming.   

Someday I would like to go to the SHOT show.   That would be an awesome experience. 

2 minutes ago, Otto said:

That’s what my friend does - sells all kinds of inexpensive hunting and fishing trinkets, mostly under $20.  He used to do pretty good.  I think because this is “Runnings” show, they don’t want a lot of competition for that sort of thing.  

I probably bought a blind from your friend there five or six years ago.  It was around $100 and I actually still use it. 

I went to the Harrisburg show a few years ago.  It took the good part of the day to go through, and I really didn’t linger in one spot for too long.  Almost overwhelming.   

Someday I would like to go to the SHOT show.   That would be an awesome experience. 

SHOT and ATA are industry shows so the purpose is different. But it’s definitely a do it if you can experience. Harrisburg was really big prior to the AR debacle and subsequent sale to NRA. We tend to go every other year or so and I’d say last year the show was maybe 50-60% of the size and it’s converted from a good mix of independent retailers, outfitters, and manufacturers to a lot of the same stuff with less variety. To be fair, it’s a brutal show. Long hours, many days in a row, and vendors secretly hate it lol. One of my buddies who works for Tactacam and will be at the booth was just reminding me of the toughness of that event.

51 minutes ago, Otto said:

Only way you can go is if you're an FFL or within the firearms industry. And even then it's turning into more "influencers" and goobers of that ilk more than anything unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Marion said:

Only way you can go is if you're an FFL or within the firearms industry. And even then it's turning into more "influencers" and goobers of that ilk more than anything unfortunately 

Our local gun club wanted to send someone, all (or most) expenses paid.  We have a ammunition license, so that may have been our in.  For Club purposes, I didn't see the value really.  But for entertainment purposes for myself, I would love to go. 

9 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Merged topics. Also there is an Event posted for this if you want to RSVP whether you are Going! :up:

https://www.nywoodsandwater.com/events/event/4-new-york-sportsman’s-expo-2023 /

thanks I just looked quick on the front page for sportsman expo. didn't see the runnings one as I didn't know that's what it was called. Looks like they're a sponsor. Kinda confusing. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

• nywaw changed the title to New York Sportsman’s Expo 2023 Discussion