IGNORED

Issues with site

2012-Taco

4 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I live in CT. 5G everywhere. Where are you? If we can get a 3rd member, we can have a sanctioned GTG (get together). @Marion in CT too

I had meetings in Fairfield and Easton on the Mill River and later met my daughter in Cheshire and took her to a late lunch/early dinner. Now home in NJ. We have a lot of projects in CT. Your cell service sucks hugely. In NJ, we may have three dead spots in the entire state these days. Towers galore. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

58 minutes ago, 2012-Taco said:

Damn, that didn't work,  onto step #2!

Another person online said:

This problem is fixed by going to setting, tap on apps, find chrome, clear the cache and data, then reboot your phone. If this problem continues, turn the phone off, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put back the battery, then turn the phone on. You can also force stop it or uninstall chrome then reinstall it, then update it. If these methods don't work, you may have a bug in your software which will need a factory reset.

11 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

I had meetings in Fairfield and Easton on the Mill River and later met my daughter in Cheshire and took her to a late lunch/early dinner. Now home in NJ. We have a lot of projects in CT. Your cell service sucks hugely. In NJ, we may have three dead spots in the entire state these days. Towers galore. 

That’s about an hour from me. I have great cell service in CT but I’m atop a mountain near Candlewood Lake. Most of my NY hunting spots have zero cell service. 

11 hours ago, nywaw said:

Another person online said:

This problem is fixed by going to setting, tap on apps, find chrome, clear the cache and data, then reboot your phone. If this problem continues, turn the phone off, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put back the battery, then turn the phone on. You can also force stop it or uninstall chrome then reinstall it, then update it. If these methods don't work, you may have a bug in your software which will need a factory reset.

My phone doesn't have a removable battery. I think it finally fixed after I did step #3 from previous link. Time will tell?

18 minutes ago, 2012-Taco said:

Issues keep popping up,  I just tried using a different search engine, Duckduckgo, we'll see if that helps? So far so good.

There's another user having this same problem on the NJ site.  Different device but also Android with Chrome.  

Be sure to check your Android OS is fully updated and your Chrome app is fully updated.   

Keep me updated on the DuckDuckGo browser and how that goes. 

Just now, 2012-Taco said:

So far so good, no issues since I switched to duckduckgo! Must have been an issue with my phone and Chrome? 

Yeah that seems to be the commonality between you and the NJ user having the same problem.  Maybe try to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it.  That might fix it.  Something could have gone wrong and corrupted the Chrome app on an update or the like.

2 minutes ago, 2012-Taco said:

So far so good, no issues since I switched to duckduckgo! Must have been an issue with my phone and Chrome? 

I also have to use duckduckgo. But my issues was different than yours.  

Glad it's working. 

On 2/22/2023 at 3:44 PM, Pygmy said:

I have tried to PM  and the screen  just keeps flashing....Also happened today when I tried to reply  to a post from Blackbeltbill..

It’s weird, every time I type a response to one of Bill’s thread it comes across in a smart ass way.  I type the nicest and complimentary things with my fingers and BAM, smart ass.    I think I need help.  

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

It’s weird, every time I type a response to one of Bill’s thread it comes across in a smart ass way.  I type the nicest and complimentary things with my fingers and BAM, smart ass.    I think I need help.  

Fingers not listening to your brain syndrome.