IGNORED

Family....

mowin

1 minute ago, Wolc123 said:

Prayers sent for you.  I know what you are going thru.  We burried my sister this morning.  Her 2-1/2 year battle with liver/pancreas cancer ended about a week ago.  Roswell did the best they could, as did hospice.  

Her faith stayed very strong thru it all.  I take comfort in the fact that we will have many more days with her someday, in that perfect place where she is now.  

Her hospice care lasted only about a week, during which I visited her twice with my wife and our daughters.  I am thankful that she did not suffer too long.  

Very sorry for your family's loss too @Wolc123, my condolences to you all.

18 minutes ago, mowin said:

Am I a cold hearted prick hoping he has a massive heart attack asap?  Is it for me or am I telling myself it's the best for him? 

Always expected to burry mom and dad, and I definitely didn't handle that well.

My two nephews deaths, Dan's sons that went way to soon ( non drug related), that went too soon. One in a freak farming accident, and his brother trying to save his kids from a house fire, but didn't remember they stayed over at the neighbors. 

I wouldn’t think that at all. Sounds to me like not wanting to see him suffer comes from a place of love and compassion. I know it’s not easy, and there’s no right or wrong in grief. The main thing is focusing on today and not tomorrow, and that’s much easier said than done. 

23 minutes ago, Wolc123 said:

Prayers sent for you.  I know what you are going thru.  We burried my sister this morning.  Her 2-1/2 year battle with liver/pancreas cancer ended about a week ago.  Roswell did the best they could, as did hospice.  

Her faith stayed very strong thru it all.  I take comfort in the fact that we will have many more days with her someday, in that perfect place where she is now.  

Her hospice care lasted only about a week, during which I visited her twice with my wife and our daughters.  I am thankful that she did not suffer too long.  

Dan is going through the same cancer.  Started with pancreas cancer and has spreaded to his liver. 

Can't imagine your battle 2.5 yrs.  Dan's has been only 8 months.  

@Wolc123.  So sorry for your loss.  I feel your pain and loss.. 

9 minutes ago, mowin said:

Dan is going through the same cancer.  Started with pancreas cancer and has spreaded to his liver. 

Can't imagine your battle 2.5 yrs.  Dan's has been only 8 months.  

@Wolc123.  So sorry for your loss.  I feel your pain and loss.. 

Roswell sent her for some experimental treatment in Boston, for her first year and half or so.  That most likely gave her some more time with us.  She didn’t really seem to suffer too bad, until the last few months.  

Mercifully, the end came relatively fast, over her last week.  One day, she was still able to get up and walk and speak in complete sentences.  Two days later, she had to be helped up, and could only speak an occasional word.  She slept for her last (3) days, and died peacefully in her sleep, surrounded by family. 

Her husband of 32 years, took exceptionally good care of her thru it all, and he even mustered up the strength to speak eloquently about her at the funeral service this morning.  

1 minute ago, Wolc123 said:

Roswell sent her for some experimental treatment in Boston, for her first year and half or so.  That most likely gave her some more time with us.  She didn’t really seem to suffer too bad, until the last few months.  

Mercifully, the end came relatively fast, over her last week.  One day, she was still able to get up and walk and speak in complete sentences.  Two days later, she had to be helped up, and could only speak an occasional word.  She slept for her last (3) days, and died peacefully in her sleep, surrounded by family. 

Her husband of 32 years, took exceptionally good care of her thru it all, and he even mustered up the strength to speak eloquently about her at the funeral service this morning.  

OMG.  Can't imagine what she went through, and what you, and her family went through.  So sorry for your loss. Please.... Remember the good times..

I know I need to take my own advice. But as you know it's not that easy.  

God bless you and your sister......

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Am I a cold hearted prick hoping he has a massive heart attack asap?  Is it for me or am I telling myself it's the best for him? 

Absolutely not. Don’t even think that for a minute. Sometimes compassion comes from understanding the situation and understanding someone else’s suffering. Hoping someone passes without pain and suffering is not being a prick. It’s being a human that understands everything is out of everyone’s control and only hoping for the best. 

You get cancer in NY it seems your shit outa luck. My Dad moved to Raleigh  NC a few yrs ago after retirement and found out he had Pancreatic  cancer and lung cancer. Bunch of surgeries later and he's  been cancer free for 5 yrs now. If you want to live move out of NY it seems.

5 hours ago, lucky118 said:

You get cancer in NY it seems your shit outa luck. My Dad moved to Raleigh  NC a few yrs ago after retirement and found out he had Pancreatic  cancer and lung cancer. Bunch of surgeries later and he's  been cancer free for 5 yrs now. If you want to live move out of NY it seems.

God bless him, but that would never work for me.  I can’t take the heat.  Even southern PA is too much for me.  With global warming accelerating rapidly now, it’s only going to get worse down there.    

I suspect that it won’t be too long until we see a pretty massive northern migration.  As far as the cancer care goes, there’s not too many places in this country, that are better than Roswell Park.  

Condolences to both of you. I cant Imagine doing all this again either, I've lost every single close family member  in My life other than my brother. And I'm only 36. If I lost him idk what I would do. 

I hope everyone the easiest of transitions. I truly do. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.. 

Sorry to hear of all the loss. the unfortunate thing is under the best of circumstances we all have to deal with it eventually. we all hope that those in poor health live life and go out like a fire cracker. I've been bless with less loss than others my age but i've seen some go pretty slow. one even went through the process of utilizing the end of life pill (not here in NY) but then got hit with stroke prior to wrapping up the formal process. couldn't give consent after that so then had to ride it out. prayers to all of you that you're allowed the strength to enjoy every minute you have left with them or if already gone hold onto the memories like a steel trap. 

2 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Sorry to hear the bad news @Wolc123 and @mowin. For @mowin, have you considered another opinion. You mentioned driving 5.5 hours to Buffalo, but what about Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC/Westchester?

Well, since Roswell said there is nothing they can do for him, most likely those places will have the same answer. But I'll definitely mention it to him and maybe he'll give them a call.  It's obvious up to him, but he feels relieved that he knows he doesn't have to go through any more treatments, or procedures.