IGNORED

Watcha Eatin?

Robhuntandfish

On 4/18/2024 at 9:57 AM, dbHunterNY said:

jambalaya is good stuff. kind of sounds more or less like it. easier and fewer steps then how some people make it though. sounds good.

That's basically what it was but done in the rice cooker came out great 

On 4/18/2024 at 9:42 AM, dbHunterNY said:

we don't. my parents are snowbirds and i don't live right on the farm or work nearby. younger a-hole cows would always be getting out. Besides we now turned all the pastures into hay fields to sell hay to others who still have them. More profitable that way. Not sure if prices are inflated down state but if you're looking I know at least 4 friends up here that do sell beef. most to all would be grass fed though.

100% makes sense on why you don't do it any more. Do you know if any of them grain finish? I really do think it tastes better with a little corn in its diet.

I would absolutely travel for good beef 

Leftovers for lunch her at the office. Smoked pulled pork, smoked turkey, smoked ribs, smoked cheddar jalapeño sausage, and corn bread (not smoked). No veggies today I guess.

....maybe this should've gone in the what are you smokin thread but it wasn't by me. From Miller's in Cohoes.

20240422_122625.jpg

On 4/21/2024 at 4:38 AM, Chef said:

100% makes sense on why you don't do it any more. Do you know if any of them grain finish? I really do think it tastes better with a little corn in its diet.

I would absolutely travel for good beef 

the grain fed ones are just folks casually raising them and can't really answer to if it's "good beef". pretty open ended subjective question. the two that are grass fed beef are more serious, go to grass fed beef conventions and more into the science of it. I know there's others out there this way though. all of them are eating hay and grass in the warmer months to a degree. how and what they finish the cattle on for grain leading up to be butchered is all going to be uniquely different. feed program itself is a major part of what makes japanese wagyu what it is.

Probably not the answer you were looking for. haha sorry.