IGNORED

Home Butchering Pics Thread

GroanALot

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Sausage party this weekend. 

I'm making maple blueberry breakfast sausage this weekend as well..

I might have to get that recipe from you if you're willing to share? 

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

..not much of a recipe.     Amish maple sausage spice mix, pork and blueberries.  Your welcome. Lol

Humm.  Wonder if my local Mennonite store has that. 

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

Humm.  Wonder if my local Mennonite store has that. 

Probably.  They run out of it here pretty quick though. I like to make kinds I can't find to buy and maple blueberry is one of them.  Same for cheddar jalapeno that @crappyice makes above.   That's coming soon for me too.  But he needs to add in some green Tabasco!  

Next sausage for me will be cased and probably 12 lbs of jalapeno popper and 12 lbs of an onion and cracked pepper but not sure yet.  

Sweet damn setup you have there!

Edited by Robhuntandfish

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

12.3 pounds uncooked venison jalapeño  cheddar 

10 pounds finished product- consistency and smoke and flavor are on point but still needing more of a jalapeño flavor. Maybe some green Tabasco - what do you think @Robhuntandfish?

The smoke tube (apple pellets) added to the electric smoker did a great job supplying smoke all day as the temp was consistently between 130-170 from 9:30-5:00

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7929.jpeg

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

12.3 pounds uncooked venison jalapeño  cheddar 

10 pounds finished product- consistency and smoke and flavor are on point but still needing more of a jalapeño flavor. Maybe some green Tabasco - what do you think @Robhuntandfish?

The smoke tube (apple pellets) added to the electric smoker did a great job supplying smoke all day as the temp was consistently between 130-170 from 9:30-5:00

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7929.jpeg

Looks fabulous!  One of those pics you can taste.  Get a small thing of the green Tabasco and try it.  Always put it in my jalapeno sausage.  

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Looks fabulous!  One of those pics you can taste.  Get a small thing of the green Tabasco and try it.  Always put it in my jalapeno sausage.  

Looks great. What kind of casings do you use?

8 hours ago, virgil said:

Looks great. What kind of casings do you use?

Those were crappyice 's pics.  But I use Syracuse casings company.  The local price chopper stocks them. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

On 1/19/2024 at 7:21 PM, crappyice said:

12.3 pounds of jalapeño cheddar venison sausage gonna hit the smoker tomorrow. 6.3# venison, 4# pork butt, other 2 pounds is cheese(high temp yellow cheddar), jalapeño(some minced fine and sautéed for flavor and some chopped fine for crunch and color) and some water and spices.  Curious to see the final weight.

IMG_7916.jpeg

Looks great. But fun fact - There’s no such thing as naturally orange cheese! next time try white!

51 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

Looks great. But fun fact - There’s no such thing as naturally orange cheese! next time try white!

My brother used to work for Heluva good cheese as a route salesman.  I was crazy how certain areas yellow cheddar out sold white cheddar. He'd be stocking the shelves and people would be telling him how much better yellow tastes. He'd tell them it's just coloring and that there's no difference in taste and they would call him crazy.

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

My brother used to work for Heluva good cheese as a route salesman.  I was crazy how certain areas yellow cheddar out sold white cheddar. He'd be stocking the shelves and people would be telling him how much better yellow tastes. He'd tell them it's just coloring and that there's no difference in taste and they would call him crazy.

the only acceptable Mint chocolate chip ice cream is green.