IGNORED

Ash tree treatment.

18 minutes ago, mowin said:

Not what I'm looking for. But what I expected. 

I have a client that has been treating her 7 ash trees for several years now. So far, three are dead and two more on their way out. But two look good so far. I can ask her what her arborist uses, but that’s not a good sign from my viewpoint. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

Here’s what I use ,along with a couple of my trees ( I have 25 more or less did have 20 taken down that’s pricey ! ) and a picture of my nextdoor neighbors untreated trees. The Landscape or concentrated formula is not sold in NYS. I can get the half strength at Lowes but it’s in quarts not gallons and I’d need like 32 quarts , and always just used the full strength with amazing results.

Measure the girth mix the ozs that you get from that with a bucket of water and dump it around the tree. This should be done early May, when the tree is drawing up water from the ground for the leaves or something like that .

5C2C69B7-8CA9-4DEB-AD8D-3CC295159CB3.jpeg

967418CF-7344-4F2C-A715-BA249414B11E.jpeg

F508B147-80C6-40CA-86E8-8821FF256EE8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You need imidacloprid. I have been treating a few trees with it. Cut down 2 of them yesterday. They died. 

That’s in the stuff I’ve used for 10-12 years with great success haven’t lost a tree yet . Really upsets the guy across from me who paid a king’s ransom to have the trees behind his house cut down . They had to crane them over the neighbors house to get them out .

BUT… nobody I found  online will ship anything containing that to NYS .

Edited by Nomad

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s in the stuff I’ve used for 10-12 years with great success haven’t lost a tree yet . Really upsets the guy across from me who paid a king’s ransom to have the trees behind his house cut down . They had to crane them over the neighbors house to get them out .

BUT… nobody I found  online will ship anything containing that to NYS .

I've got some good friends in Maine, I'll see if they can get some for me. 

I'm finally losing the huge one that stands next to my pool. I kinda wanted it out anyhow, but it's going to cost a lot to get it cut down. Luckily I have enough space to cut it up and use it to burn without paying to taking it away... but ugh.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

50 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm finally losing the huge one that stands next to my pool. I kinda wanted it out anyhow, but it's going to cost a lot to get it cut down. Luckily I have enough space to cut it up and use it to burn without paying to taking it away... but ugh.

I’ve had a few large ones near the house taken down , partly to keep the roof free of tree stuff . My neighbor had four large dying ones on the property line ,they naturally lean towards my house and would hit it easily.

He mentioned taking them down ,to which I said good, I worry every time it’s windy . Two weeks later they were gone , but he has a tree buddy who he used to work for and gets a great price .

Ad far as taking it away my understanding was they sold it as firewood ? Although I’m unsure about regulations on Ash wood , but then many don’t care .

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’ve had a few large ones near the house taken down , partly to keep the roof free of tree stuff . My neighbor had four large dying ones on the property line ,they naturally lean towards my house and would hit it easily.

He mentioned taking them down ,to which I said good, I worry every time it’s windy . Two weeks later they were gone , but he has a tree buddy who he used to work for and gets a great price .

Ad far as taking it away my understanding was they sold it as firewood ? Although I’m unsure about regulations on Ash wood , but then many don’t care .

yeah i guess if it was free I'd say take it, but if it costs anything I'd rather just rent a splitter and use it to burn in my own fireplace. i don't mind that kind of work.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

40 minutes ago, Nomad said:

NYS prohibits all firewood(not just ash) from another state.  Firewood can only be transported 50 liner miles from where it was cut unless heat treated for a certain amount of time at a certain temp.  You even need to write up a note saying where it was cut when transporting firewood.  

2 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Do these dead ash trees still have borers still living in them , or did the bugs move on to their next victim once the tree is dead ?

I've often wondered about that.