IGNORED

Pretty Smokey Out There!

Cabin Fever

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I know FF face a much higher risk of cancer, but much of it comes through absorption of toxins ,which is why showering and laundering of turnouts is now pretty standard after fires .

Id smell it leaching out my skin for a couple days of hot showers .

It’s amazing what the body absorbs. I did a summer doing plumbing. My hands were always green and my piss stunk like copper Pennies

In the "Hazard" zone of the air quality index now.

Capture.jpg

I wonder what effect this can/will have on livestock and wildlife from breathing in the particulate and ingesting it in their food? Geez, even our water quality. Can't be good!

Edited by Cabin Fever

16 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

In the "Hazard" zone of the air quality index now.

Capture.jpg

I wonder what effect this can/will have on livestock and wildlife from breathing in the particulate and ingesting it in their food? Geez, even our water quality. Can't be good!

Don't show @The_Real_TCIII this. he thinks he's in the low 100's

This isn’t going to impact antler growth or livestock. Each year, this is completely normal for many western states and Canada. It’s only because we are seeing larger than normal impacts that some of you are overly worried. The Earth has evolved over millions of years with wildfires and smoke. If it bothers you, stay inside as best you can. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

26 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

This isn’t going to impact antler growth or livestock. Each year, this is completely normal for many western states and Canada. It’s only because we are seeing larger than normal impacts that some of you are overly worried. The Earth has evolved over millions of years with wildfires and smoke. If it bothers you, stay inside as best you can. 

I was joking about the antlers lol.

2 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I was joking about the antlers lol.

up there is a different story. after it all burns off there should be some pretty good habitat in the next few years. in all the areas it's burning. can't imagine living downwind of all that and close though. imagine some folks up there had to have lost an old cabin that's been there for generations and littered with stuff that'd recall old hunting memories that can't be replaced.

19 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

up there is a different story. after it all burns off there should be some pretty good habitat in the next few years. in all the areas it's burning. can't imagine living downwind of all that and close though. imagine some folks up there had to have lost an old cabin that's been there for generations and littered with stuff that'd recall old hunting memories that can't be replaced.

my buddy in california deals with it every year. hence, the high cancer rates in that area