IGNORED

Can we discuss politics?

nywaw

24 minutes ago, Phantom said:

What if its like funny  Political youtube video posted same rule  Applies?

I’m not sure how to answer that yet. I guess it will depend on any pushback we see in posts like that. Again, we are NOT looking to ban anyone or hide posts. We can easily say “please keep it clean/civil” or simply move it into another forum like the monthly political post.  I’m not sure I’ve fully answered your question, but we want this to be a great New YORK forum and we need to see what you want before we worry about some things.  

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

Why bring your crap here too? What you think is a funny meme or video isn’t funny to the opposite political party.

Just post it over at HNY and for the love of god let this site be about hunting and fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I'd say to put it in the NMP (News, Media, and Politics) forum or the monthly political discussion topic.  Anyone that might also be looking for political related posts/videos whether serious or comedy will be looking there while those who want to avoid it won't be and wouldn't want it landing elsewhere. 

Just a thought, but I’m on a large gun forum. They have a News, Politics, and Religion forum. It’s hidden from all members, unless you pm a mod and request to be added. It seems to work very well. For those that have no interest, they don’t have to block people, and nothing shows up on their recent or new posts list. And for those that want it, they can create and post in multiple threads as often as they like. Everything is then listed in the recent/new threads. Either you want it or you don’t. No compromises or complaints. Maybe something like that could work here. 

38 minutes ago, Nontypical said:

Just a thought, but I’m on a large gun forum. They have a News, Politics, and Religion forum. It’s hidden from all members, unless you pm a mod and request to be added. It seems to work very well. For those that have no interest, they don’t have to block people, and nothing shows up on their recent or new posts list. And for those that want it, they can create and post in multiple threads as often as they like. Everything is then listed in the recent/new threads. Either you want it or you don’t. No compromises or complaints. Maybe something like that could work here. 

That's a really good idea!  Thank you, I'm going to test that out with a test forum! :up:

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

As long as I don’t have to scroll through 8+ political threads on the main page I’m good with it being one thread and the rest being in that section of you want to go looking for it. 

during the slow part of the year the political threads really took over HNY 

You won’t here. Our NJ site uses that one monthly thread and the same 10-15 posters hammer away at each other all day long. It’s really easy for all the others to ignore. 

Matt, I like the idea of having members request joining that forum. Even better than how we do it on NJWW. 

Edited by Bucksnbows
Spelling error

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

10 hours ago, Nontypical said:

One of the other forums that I'm a member of, you have to be a paid supporter to access the politics forum. I want to support that forum financially because I get a lot from it, but when I do, I'm automatically bombarded with new political posts in my feed. I'd pay to not see them :)