IGNORED

NY Woods & Water 2023-2024 Adult Deer Hunting Contest Teams and Entries

nywaw

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Fine arrangement. I just assumed,one or two other sites I am on do two entries. We all know what happens when one assumes... 

Oh,and one more question. The $10 entry fee is for both individual and team contest or $10 each? If it covers both I might as well go for individual too...

Team was FREE to enter, but the contest entry period has ended.  Teams have been drawn and are set for the season.

The Individual contest is $10 to enter and a hunter can enter any time throughout the season however only deer taken AFTER they enter can be submitted.

Prize pool wise, it's roughly a 60/40 split between Team/Individual from donations since Individual has an additional prize pool from the entry fees.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, mowin said:

@nywaw, where do I find the form to fill it out, or do I give you the info and you do that part?

Just copy and paste from the first post.

I made it easier!  Just use the stock replies in the editor.  You'll see a lightning bolt now, click that and select Deer Contest Entry and it will fill in the form for you, just fill it out! :up:

Screenshot2023-10-09at4_58_38PM.thumb.png.ae0f7150faab3bb7739e39d68c339604.png

20 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Just copy and paste from the first post.

I made it easier!  Just use the stock replies in the editor.  You'll see a lightning bolt now, click that and select Deer Contest Entry and it will fill in the form for you, just fill it out! :up:

Screenshot2023-10-09at4_58_38PM.thumb.png.ae0f7150faab3bb7739e39d68c339604.png

Ok. That's easy.. next question.. were not doing beam length?  Just longest tine on each side?  And if so, would the last time be from the G2 to the antler tip? 

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

Ok. That's easy.. next question.. were not doing beam length?  Just longest tine on each side?  And if so, would the last time be from the G2 to the antler tip? 

Didn't include beam length, just the longest tine from each side.   Some guys on the NJ site wanted full fledge gross P&Y scoring, but many felt it was overkill and too involved for most hunters to want to do for the entries, although it would give the greatest "fairness" level.  If you look at the first post here (or in the signup topic), it has the scoring breakdown and pictures to show example measurements of where to measure to and from. :up:

11 minutes ago, nywaw said:

Didn't include beam length, just the longest tine from each side.   Some guys on the NJ site wanted full fledge gross P&Y scoring, but many felt it was overkill and too involved for most hunters to want to do for the entries, although it would give the greatest "fairness" level.  If you look at the first post here (or in the signup topic), it has the scoring breakdown and pictures to show example measurements of where to measure to and from. :up:

Ok, got it.. thanks for clarifying. 

• 2 weeks later...