IGNORED

Tip: keeping vacuum bag sealing edge clean.

mowin

1 hour ago, Ncountry said:

I just use 1 quart zip lock bags. Probably 90% of my fish is crappie and bass.

Fill bag 1/2 to 2/3s full of fish.

Set bag down in sink ,hanging onto the top , fill bag to overflowing with water. 

Zip the top up as you slowly push down a little on top of the bag so that water is continually running out the top until it's sealed without any air in the bag.

Just read this on In-Fisherman as the preferred way to freeze walleye and perch. 

https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/how-to-keep-fish-fresh/156660 

I just ordered 8" by mistake and might need to try this method so i appreciate you posting. I normally by 11" and wasn't paying attention. Gives a much wider mouth, so something to consider if your vac sealer can handle it.

that's enough sexual innuendos from me for one day lol

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

I take  a liter size plastic bottle and cut the top and bottom off. Gives me a little more rigidity and length but achieves the same awesome result.

although, I just ground 5 pounds of venison and wrapped it in Saran Wrap in 1 pound packs-it doesn't last long enough to be freezer burnt.

Edited by crappyice

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I take  a liter size plastic bottle and cut the top and bottom off. Gives me a little more rigidity and length but achieves the same awesome result.

although, I just ground 5 pounds of venison and wrapped it in Saran Wrap in 1 pound packs-it doesn't last long enough to be freezer burnt.

Liter soda bottle would be perfect size and more ridged like you mentioned.  We rarely drink soda, but always have solo cups. 

I use a paper cereal bowl to weigh out my burger and then fold the bowl slightly while dumping the ground into the vacum sealing bags. Keeps the bag nice and clean. Use two of them if you have a helper like a wife, and 1 is pouring into the bag while the 2nd is being used to weigh the next package of ground.

so bummed. foodsaver is letting me return the 8" bags for free, but the buy 2 get 2 free sales are over. I always stock up every other black friday or so. I only have enough bags left now for 1.5 deer and that's not enough for next season and maybe the end of this one :(

53 minutes ago, Belo said:

so bummed. foodsaver is letting me return the 8" bags for free, but the buy 2 get 2 free sales are over. I always stock up every other black friday or so. I only have enough bags left now for 1.5 deer and that's not enough for next season and maybe the end of this one :(

You can get 2 lbs of burger in the 8x12 bags.   

Also, the cheapest place I've found the 3mm 8x12 bags is from walmart.com.  200 bags for $25.00, and free shipping over $35.00. 

28 minutes ago, mowin said:

You can get 2 lbs of burger in the 8x12 bags.   

Also, the cheapest place I've found the 3mm 8x12 bags is from walmart.com.  200 bags for $25.00, and free shipping over $35.00. 

yeah i just feel like it'd be a pain given the opening size. If they were going to charge me shippign or restocking I for sure would have made them work, but 4 boxes of 3 rolls each would have taken a while.  I'm a creature of habit too.

Edited by Belo