IGNORED

Rain And More Rain...

blackbeltbill

They said on the news in Buffalo, at the airport, that in the last 15 days we’ve had .30” of rain and there is 0.00” forecast for the next ten days.   

Are you familiar with the expression “dryer than a popcorn fart”?      You will understand now if you’re in this area.    😎

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

They said on the news in Buffalo, at the airport, that in the last 15 days we’ve had .30” of rain and there is 0.00” forecast for the next ten days.   

Are you familiar with the expression “dryer than a popcorn fart”?      You will understand now if you’re in this area.    😎

a drought? @Jeremy K

On 9/27/2023 at 11:45 AM, dbHunterNY said:

we've quit for the year. not sure if hay will dry. even if it's clear skies with a breeze, the dew now is pretty heavy.

Local farmer just cut the last three fields on the property I hunt on Wednesday. Seen him heading that way yesterday afternoon with the rake.  Started raining overnight.  He's going to have a lot of mulch hay. 

Calling for 2-4" of rain throughout the day. 

School flooded...sewers backed up into the first floor hallways and classrooms.

Emergency dismissal...not a snow day but a SHIT DAY!!!! (Even better is it's a half day so we have all our snow days to burn still)

Dare I start  praying for Monday off so they figure out if the building is sanitary? 

Local highway 

IMG_2958.jpeg

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

School flooded...sewers backed up into the first floor hallways and classrooms.

Emergency dismissal...not a snow day but a SHIT DAY!!!! (Even better is it's a half day so we have all our snow days to burn still)

Dare I start  praying for Monday off so they figure out if the building is sanitary? 

Local highway 

IMG_2958.jpeg

Wow.. were getting rained on, but not like you guys.  Got just shy of a inch so far.  Looking like a few inches in your area. 

Stay safe. 

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Local farmer just cut the last three fields on the property I hunt on Wednesday. Seen him heading that way yesterday afternoon with the rake.  Started raining overnight.  He's going to have a lot of mulch hay. 

Calling for 2-4" of rain throughout the day. 

doesn't sound good but that might have been the plan if he still needed to get it off the field versus leaving it standing.

3 hours ago, mowin said:

Wow.. were getting rained on, but not like you guys.  Got just shy of a inch so far.  Looking like a few inches in your area. 

Stay safe. 

5"+ in my hometown...I heard (have not verified) a horrible story about a kid drowning in the flood waters not far from me. Not sure of details or even if substantiated but when I asked a local neighboring PD why all the sirens that's what he intimated.Scary 

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

5"+ in my hometown...I heard (have not verified) a horrible story about a kid drowning in the flood waters not far from me. Not sure of details or even if substantiated but when I asked a local neighboring PD why all the sirens that's what he intimated.Scary 

Oh man.  How horrible.