IGNORED

OTHER Places To Hunt.

I ran this Thread years back on the " old site". There was plenty of comments as well. Perhaps some here know of such an area near them as well.

I will Write about 2 areas on this Thread and try not to get too specific.  The many Locals in each area already  use both areas alot for Hunting as well as non Hunting.

So the 1st  " Open Area",I have been Hunting since 1974. That is 50 years now in 2023. My Father probably  hunted this area from the mid 1960s on until he passed in 1999.

Years back,I decided to find out who was paying Taxes on this roughly 300+ Acres. I do things the old fashioned  way. I made a visit to that Town's  Clerk. And She was happy to help . She brought out the large- Plat Map Book and we went over the Location which She knew very well. 

Turns out the Decades Long Absentee Owner  lives hundreds of miles away in Northren New York. Probably  Auto Refill as far as the Taxes go because the Town Clerk told me- it is all played up. 

So,Who has been using this open area since at least the mid 1960s? Well- everyone. Hunters of course. And,I guarantee  that as,I write this at 6.49am- that at least 2 or 3 Bow Deer Hunters are climbing into Tree Stands right now. Small Game Hunters over the years as well. Horseback Riders as well from time to time.  Don't  step in the Horse#$%! on your way in. Hikers all year,Soccer Mom's  out for a Jog. Dirt bike riders and ATVs keep the  Trails nice and wide. 

The 2nd area is not as well known. Really only to the Local population.  Again- right now there are a few Bow Deer Hunters getting ready in that  area without a doubt.

I will be there at before 9am to do some Fall Turkey Scouting.  Orange hat will be on. I have been Hunting this open area since 2009. The Town Clerk in this Town told me this owner lives in Iowa and is MIA for many years. Taxes all payed up. Same exact cast of Characters  use this 2nd area.

I showed Good Friend Cynthia  here both areas and She knows how to keep a secret.

So- Who here also hunts a similar area of Open Land known only to the Local Population?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I think it’s still trespassing to be on land that you don’t own without permission posted or not.  It’s like  speeding with no cops around, sounds like you’re in the clear. 

LOL! For 60+ years.  With Local Police also Hunting this open Land.  I guess the Soccer Mom's  should get a Fine for Jogging here.

it's crazy how little people give a shit about trespassing. there's a landowner but this property is out of sight and mind.  often you give one person permission to do something and if enough people get permission it becomes a free for all. a large portion of property around here is owned by an LLC or trust. the kids/trustees aren't around.

if nobody's around at their vacation home does that mean it's free to use? lol unless you ask you don't have permission. I've got three properties that are like this. i have proof of permission but it's funny how someone here or there will squat. when you ask them they don't even know who the owner is! I've even seen some turn around and run. it's like dude i'd give you contact info to get permission but they clearly thought they weren't supposed to be there. hilarious.

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right….

Actually Larry,I had 2 Town Clerks tell me years back. Decades back mia landowner- unposted-- go right in. Probably  thousands have been at one of these areas in 60+ years.

This was quite the page Turner as well on the old site. 

24 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

it's crazy how little people give a shit about trespassing. there's a landowner but this property is out of sight and mind.  often you give one person permission to do something and if enough people get permission it becomes a free for all. a large portion of property around here is owned by an LLC or trust. the kids/trustees aren't around.

if nobody's around at their vacation home does that mean it's free to use? lol unless you ask you don't have permission. I've got three properties that are like this. i have proof of permission but it's funny how someone here or there will squat. when you ask them they don't even know who the owner is! I've even seen some turn around and run. it's like dude i'd give you contact info to get permission but they clearly thought they weren't supposed to be there. hilarious.

No one ever needed permission  going back 60 years+

Orange County Federation  of Sportsman's  Clubs used to release Pheasants  at one of these areas for Decades. 

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s always fun listening to people justify wrongdoings. 

And,I laugh when, I constantly  hear of your Dangerous Bellycrawling to get within 15 yards of a Gobbler  . Or breaking through Thin ice that no one else would be on. 

20 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

No one ever needed permission  going back 60 years+

Orange County Federation  of Sportsman's  Clubs used to release Pheasants  at one of these areas for Decades. 

Bill I'm not trying to rake you threw the coals here.... i'm just saying I'd bet a LOT of money a very small number of individuals reached out and somehow got permission in those 60+ years. Everyone else was/is trespassing. If you went to the town office did you or anyone else you know get contact info or at a minimum an address at least and mail a letter asking for permission? There's nothing to say that any day now some landowner is going to show up POST it, or even by law start maintaining it, and maybe even have an ECO start writing trespass tickets. "Well everybody has been doing this for 60+ yrs." isn't going to make that ticket go away. lol