IGNORED

Conservation Officers

JimC1965

not all are good to deal with. i've had family that have gotten tickets for reasons they shouldn't have. some got thrown out when they were going to fight it in court. for the most part ECOs and others at DEC are good folks that don't have an ego they can't fill. as a hunter one of the strongest opinions i have is to get to know your local ECOs and talk to your neighbors when it comes to hunting. it'll lead to a better experience.... unless your a poacher and/or trespasser. haha 

2 hours ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

oh and always used to get checked at salmon river in pulaski years ago. mostly plain clothes guy. 1 minute they are fishing and the next they pull out a badge and check you. my friend got a snagging ticket there. we were like 16 years old. Fishing with J Plugs, he was setting the hook like 8 times per cast instead of once.

There’s an old Andy Capp cartoon where he runs from an environmental cop while fishing, the cop,catches him and says .” Why’d you run you have a license ?”  He says ya but my friend ( who’s long gone ) doesn’t .

My cousins husband was approached on the Delaware river during the shad run. He told the officer his license was in his truck where he entered the river, a mile or so up stream. The officer said "hop in, lets go get it." So they paddled upstream and when they get there he says "I dont have one." Lol. The officer even laughed while he wrote the ticket. I got checked in Flatbrook, NJ. I had everything in order thankfully 

13 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Most definitely is. Called possession of another's license. Its basically a fine and that's it. Just having it in the car was enough for me to get hit with a ticket, let alone in my back tag carrier.

I carry my girlfriends fish license  and show the game warden and have never had a thing said.

Ive dealth with several over the years, All have been great. Ive also worked with the same one for 4 years now, After a tresspass, Poach, theft and harassments case with a few individuals. I gave him all the info i could, He ended up putting 3 fellas behind bars for several years, And got me all my stands, sticks, and cameras back, delivered to my door. Top notch guy!

57 minutes ago, Rusty said:

In NJ all your info is online.  My son in law was fishing at our place and had left his license at home.   The CO pulled up his info online, saw that he did have a current license and wished him a good day.    

The Hunt/Fish NY app has all of your current and past licenses on it also. Most people never leave home without their phone.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/96470.html

Edited by The Back 40

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

In NJ all your info is online.  My son in law was fishing at our place and had left his license at home.   The CO pulled up his info online, saw that he did have a current license and wished him a good day.    

Do you still have to display it or is that gone? I cant remember what I did over the summer