IGNORED

increase hunting access proposal

Phantom

Hunting UnPosted Land   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should unposted land be open to public hunting?

• Yes
    • No
    • NO F'N WAY!!!!!!! (for Otto)

31 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Its not safe federal government only insures up to 150 or 200,000 in bank if you got millions you can loose it all in bank 

Anyone that keeps more cash in the bank than what the feds insure deserves to lose every penny. That makes no sense. You simply hold it in multiple accounts and/or multiple banks to ensure its safety. Not that I have anything to worry about there. :)

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

1 minute ago, The Back 40 said:

I think this is where we have the fundamental disagreement. 

I understand your perspective. But When entering a new hunting area, it may not be practical or feasible to go door-to-door seeking permission from individual landowners. In such cases, clear markings or designated areas established by the state or landowners can indeed provide a more efficient and less confusing system.

Having a well-defined system with proper signage or markings can save time and prevent misunderstandings. It allows hunters to easily identify where they are permitted to hunt and helps landowners communicate their preferences without the need for direct interaction with every individual hunter.

Ultimately, a well-regulated system that balances the rights of landowners and hunters can enhance clarity, convenience, and overall enjoyment for all parties involved.

16 hours ago, Phantom said:

For example I got land  in a few different states.

17 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Yea sure its in Arizona have it it .

Hmmm.  You must have forgotten about your other post? 

I'm not buying what your selling. 

Edited by mowin

5 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Having a well-defined system with proper signage or markings can save time and prevent misunderstandings. It allows hunters to easily identify where they are permitted to hunt and helps landowners communicate their preferences without the need for direct interaction with every individual hunter.

I've posted my property several times.  Signs blow away and need to be replaced.  Also, I am confidant I know exactly where my property line is - most of the time.  And I know my neighbors believe they know where the property line is too.  Or at least we both think we do!  At one time, they had posted signs well within my property.   

A lot of times, property lines are not easily determined, unless you have it surveyed, which is very expensive.   Even then, they will only post corners.  If you want it staked "along" the property line, that is an additional cost.   I have a property line 1800' feet long in one spot, through thick woods and brush with a 12o foot elevation change.  How do I demarc that exactly without surveyors equipment?  

1 hour ago, Otto said:

I've posted my property several times.  Signs blow away and need to be replaced.  Also, I am confidant I know exactly where my property line is - most of the time.  And I know my neighbors believe they know where the property line is too.  Or at least we both think we do!  At one time, they had posted signs well within my property.   

A lot of times, property lines are not easily determined, unless you have it surveyed, which is very expensive.   Even then, they will only post corners.  If you want it staked "along" the property line, that is an additional cost.   I have a property line 1800' feet long in one spot, through thick woods and brush with a 12o foot elevation change.  How do I demarc that exactly without surveyors equipment?  

Well  you make legitimate points I give up lol  

I vote no, for all of the obvious reasons.  I just returned from a trip to North Dakota, private land is electronically posted, (red screened areas)  no ugly signs needed and there is an easy to use map on the DNR website.  There are countless acres of private land that is accessible to hunters through the PLOTS program as well. I understand there are differences in vast areas of land compared to what we have in NYS, but even 40 years ago Pennsylvania was offering incentives to private land owners for public access, it could be done here if there was a desire to open up hunting opportunities. It is my opinion though, that with such small tracts in the east, that land would quickly become no different than state land – over crowded and abused. 

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 1.38.58 PM.png

That's why land got posted  in 1st place...

Someone always owns the land. That being said you should get a tax break by allowing hunters  on that land the more hunters the bigger the tax break..  since the game belongs to the state..  its only right they give you a break to let citizens hunt their game

25 minutes ago, G-man said:

That's why land got posted  in 1st place...

Someone always owns the land. That being said you should get a tax break by allowing hunters  on that land the more hunters the bigger the tax break..  since the game belongs to the state..  its only right they give you a break to let citizens hunt their game

3 hours ago, Don_C said:

I vote no, for all of the obvious reasons.  I just returned from a trip to North Dakota, private land is electronically posted, (red screened areas)  no ugly signs needed and there is an easy to use map on the DNR website.  There are countless acres of private land that is accessible to hunters through the PLOTS program as well. I understand there are differences in vast areas of land compared to what we have in NYS, but even 40 years ago Pennsylvania was offering incentives to private land owners for public access, it could be done here if there was a desire to open up hunting opportunities. It is my opinion though, that with such small tracts in the east, that land would quickly become no different than state land – over crowded and abused. 

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 1.38.58 PM.png

Yes, if there are no physical signs, they  can implement an electronic system that allows landowners to opt into granting access to people. In either case, any measures that increase land access beyond the current system would be a welcomed change in my opinion. 

Edited by Phantom