IGNORED

What's your game plan for SZ rifle opener?

mowin

21 minutes ago, Phantom said:

My plan is to wear lots of  orange h and meet up with my cousins for opening day. It's a tradition in my family that has been going on for over 50 years, even before I was born.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the " lots of orange".    :rofl:

I will be alone this year for the first time. My father passed in September,  and I will be carrying his gun, 300wsm. 

I put a small plot in of clover in the spring, followed by winter rye at the end of August. I built an elevated platform for my ground blind. I haven't been to the location since the beginning of September so hope the deer feel secure.

I plan to get in about 5 am before other hunters start heading towards their spots on surrounding properties 

20230819_133309.jpg

1 minute ago, just lucky said:

I will be alone this year for the first time. My father passed in September,  and I will be carrying his gun, 300wsm. 

I put a small plot in of clover in the spring, followed by winter rye at the end of August. I built an elevated platform for my ground blind. I haven't been to the location since the beginning of September so hope the deer feel secure.

I plan to get in about 5 am before other hunters start heading towards their spots on surrounding properties 

20230819_133309.jpg

Good luck, I'll be using my brothers rifle who passed in June during the afternoon hunt. His son is using it during the morning hunt. 

I don’t have a plan ,lol not sure if my daughter is going or not , that’s #1 factor in where I sit . Either way I’ll sit a couple hours ,go home and come back for the last maybe two hours . OD is not a big deal,to me .

With Turkey day being in opening week that makes for a crazy week for the deer  , the end of the following week is what I enjoy , few hunters out and bucks back to more relaxed movements .

Just now, Phantom said:

No worries I put that in for that reason lol 

Trust me, I have this vision of someone that has never hunted public, but has no choice, in full orange, with bells and whistles, cymbals crashing and a megaphone saying " I'm not a deer" over and over.  :rofl:

9 minutes ago, mowin said:

Trust me, I have this vision of someone that has never hunted public, but has no choice, in full orange, with bells and whistles, cymbals crashing and a megaphone saying " I'm not a deer" over and over.  :rofl:

Lol with the exception of opening day, I usually only wear a camo orange hat most of the time, although I enjoy wearing my warm camo orange hunting jacket on the cold days .

I got my choices narrowed down to three spots. I will be getting in late because I drop my wife off at work at 6.45. That's ok though,rain is just supposed to stop here then and it will be a quiet walk in. One spot is a saddle coming out of a bowl that also is adjacent to thick cover.

The other is almost at the bottom of a narrow valley with a tiny creek and beaver ponds. Have not been seeing.much sign there but I know deer travel along there.  Or up from that spot at a the point of a north south ridge, great view from there plus that is where I shot my biggest buck to date. 

I know what my plans for tonight are. Recheck all of my gear, prep my snacks for the morning and then lay in bed for 2 hrs. trying to fall asleep while thinking about big bucks, then wake up 3 times during the night because I think I overslept, finally I'll just give up on sleep and start getting ready.