IGNORED

So did crossbows change anything?

Phantom

Can anyone provide information on the results of the crossbow season in the previous year? I'm curious to know if the introduction of the new season made a noticeable difference in the number of deer harvested compared to previous seasons. Were more deer taken than usual since the crossbow season was opened up? Any insights or data on the impact of the crossbow season would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Can anyone provide information on the results of the crossbow season in the previous year? I'm curious to know if the introduction of the new season made a noticeable difference in the number of deer harvested compared to previous seasons. Were more deer taken than usual since the crossbow season was opened up? Any insights or data on the impact of the crossbow season would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

How would we know this? The state can't give stats when the season is still ongoing. 

38 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Only thing I saw was over 2800 disability permits given and I saw several post of.success for those hunters ..so I don't see much of.impact

22 minutes ago, lucky118 said:

It's a PITA to hunt with that's for sure. 

I hate when my daughter comes out and she has the crossbow. Nothing to do with the weapon other than it's a complete pain to hunt with. It's heavy, it's clumsy, it's cumbersome, have to shoot it to unload it, reloading is not fast. The list goes on.... 

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Alot of people all of the sudden suffered from incurable shoulder injuries, that much I know.

Be careful. You are going that way soon. You may be young now, but one day, sooner than you think you are going to look in the mirror and wonder how this happened. Life is short. Whatever keeps people in the woods doing what they love. I'd rather see a crossbow than see someone quit.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Alot of people all of the sudden suffered from incurable shoulder injuries, that much I know.

Or that pinky they broke 50 years ago started to act up again.

I think the only thing crossbows changed is not having to hold at full draw. You don't need a release but you need a coking rope or device. They make scopes for vertical bows so that's moot.

But, in this state, pretty soon that's all we'll be allowed to have with a gun stock on it. 

I don't feed trolls.

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

It's stupid that it is classified in with muzzleloaders. In NJ, which is more extreme than NY in many things, it can be used at any time during an open archery season. Can't believe that two border states can be so different.

CT, PA, Ohio all full inclusion. I believe 30 states in total. Doesn't bother me as long as it's legal. I used a crossbow up until 2019 and only compound since.

Edited by 2BuckBizCT