IGNORED

Super pigs coming to USA from Canada can they be stopped?

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

Okay sterilize them before you let them loose end of that problem .  

If the taxpayers of NY can be convinced to spend their tax dollars sterilizing feral pigs and transferring them to state lands so hunters can kill them, then I’ll be on board. And I will be happy I “only” pay NJ taxes. 

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

5 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

If the taxpayers of NY can be convinced to spend their tax dollars sterilizing feral pigs and transferring them to state lands so hunters can kill them, then I’ll be on board. And I will be happy I “only” pay NJ taxes. 

Oh you're worried about the cost well there is an easy solution  generate additional revenue by selling an extra hog tag. 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Oh you're worried about the cost well there is an easy solution  generate additional revenue by selling an extra hog tag. 

Once again, you fail to think this through. Cost of sterilization is a minimum of $1,000 and more often $1,800. Now that you know that little factoid, how many hog tags do you anticipate NY will sell?  

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

10 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Once again, you fail to think this through. Cost of sterilization is a minimum of $1,000 and more often $1,800. Now that you know that little factoid, how many hog tags do you anticipate NY will sell?  

I stopped feeding the trolls.  

4 minutes ago, broomeguy said:

If you want to hunt pigs, book a hunt at a preserve in PA or go south. We don't want them in NYS.

If hogs ever return, Mowin is right that it will cost money to trap and remove them. A better approach would be to trap and sterilize them, then release them on state land. Subsequently, the sale of hog tags could generate tens of thousands of dollars, which would likely cover the expenses and potentially result in a profit for the state. By the way, I think you are mistaken. Most hunters would love to have more big game in the state, such as elk, buffalo, mountain lions, and hogs, as long as it can be managed properly. I mean, show me the data that says otherwise. If there is, I mean, guys go way out west to hunt these things, you know, so why wouldn't they want to hunt them here if they could?

8 minutes ago, Ncountry said:

As much as I would like to hunt for ham and bacon out the back door. It's a terrible idea.

This is the damage A couple domestic pigs cause in less than a dayScreenshot_20231204_173420_Facebook.thumb.jpg.38e05a96cee5eac5eaf55b2c2ded30a8.jpg when they get 

Wow, you win. Bad idea. But then again, that's why you trap, sterilize, and then let them loose deep on state land before they get to people's yards or farms. They will get knocked off. I mean, that is kind of like the idea, but I understand your point ,Well taken.

15 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Wow, you win. Bad idea. But then again, that's why you trap, sterilize, and then let them loose deep on state land before they get to people's yards or farms. They will get knocked off. I mean, that is kind of like the idea, but I understand your point ,Well taken.

Are you Stormy ?