IGNORED

Super pigs coming to USA from Canada can they be stopped?

33 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I say we do this with kangaroos too!  lol    Let a bunch loose on state land and have at em.  

Hey just to let you know they already do  that in this state with  trapped animals like deer,  bear and raccoons . Trap on one area and release on state land in different area.

31 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Hey just to let you know they already do  that in this state with  trapped animals like deer,  bear and raccoons . Trap on one area and release on state land in different area.

Not quite the same as a big game feral animal.  And not in bunches to hunt. Pheasants yes.  Terrible idea.  It's like duct taping on a scope. 

"it's pointless for humans to paint scenes of nature when they can go outside and stand in it"- Ron Swanson

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Feds can take out got aways they allready proved they can when they had hogs here in 2010 .

In very small numbers, area,  and at what expense to tax paying citizens? 

If it's that easy, not one state in this country would have a hog issue.  

You make it sound like a video game. 

Common...  Maybe a nuisance animal here and there, but not huntable numbers in one area .

If so, back up what your spewing with Links.. 

Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly earlier. My suggestion is this: if the hogs return while the authorities are attempting to trap or shoot them, why not take the opportunity, once captured, to release some of the male hogs on state land and allow hunters to pursue them? Releasing only male hogs would negate any chance of them spreading further if, somehow, they managed not to get shot. I'm suggesting this only if they return, not bringing them here voluntarily.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I say we do this with kangaroos too!  lol    Let a bunch loose on state land and have at em.  

fun fact - a few years back there was a pet Wallaby loose in Westchester (3S). It would pop up every once in a while for like 3-4 years. Then I assume it died?

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/northsalem/news/missing-north-salem-wallaby-spotted-again/698340/

2 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

fun fact - a few years back there was a pet Wallaby loose in Westchester (3S). It would pop up every once in a while for like 3-4 years. Then I assume it died?

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/northsalem/news/missing-north-salem-wallaby-spotted-again/698340/

I wouldn't know what to think if I spotted a roo while on stand. Couldn't tell anyone, they would have ya committed, lol. 

5 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly earlier. My suggestion is this: if the hogs return while the authorities are attempting to trap or shoot them, why not take the opportunity, once captured, to release some of the male hogs on state land and allow hunters to pursue them? Releasing only male hogs would negate any chance of them spreading further if, somehow, they managed not to get shot. I'm suggesting this only if they return, not bringing them here voluntarily.

Well let them send you the bill for this cluster of a idea. You pay for it. 

14 minutes ago, mowin said:

Common...  Maybe a nuisance animal here and there, but not huntable numbers in one area .

If so, back up what your spewing with 

Since they are going to spend the time and money to trap these animals, why not take a few of the males and release them on state land, allowing hunters to have a chance at them? Once again, I'm suggesting to do it that way only if they return, not voluntarily bringing them into the state. However, if they come into the state on their own, then consider this approach.

9 minutes ago, mowin said:

Well let them send you the bill for this cluster of a idea. You pay for it. 

It seems that regardless of whether the government officials are sleeping or working, they are compensated. Are you concerned about overburdening them? The individuals responsible for wildlife management are paid regardless; it's simply part of their ongoing responsibilities, whether it's dealing with deer, bear, raccoons, or other wildlife.

Edited by Phantom

22 minutes ago, Phantom said:

It seems that regardless of whether the government officials are sleeping or working, they are compensated. Are you concerned about overburdening them? The individuals responsible for wildlife management are paid regardless; it's simply part of their ongoing responsibilities, whether it's dealing with deer, bear, raccoons, or other wildlife.

Wow.. and where do they get there money. 

If you actually had good ideas and solutions, and really thought those out, you would come across as more credible. 

But, as usual, not the case.  I'm out.. 

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

NWTF did the Trap + Transfer in State and Between States. 

Too bad it really is not continuing.  

45,000 Acre+ Harriman State Park has a Tremendous  Turkey Population. 

No Hunting Allowed.

Too bad that some of those Turkeys are not being transferred to North New Jersey  or other areas in New York in North New york where Hunters are not seeing many Big Birds.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

Since they are going to spend the time and money to trap these animals, why not take a few of the males and release them on state land, allowing hunters to have a chance at them? Once again, I'm suggesting to do it that way only if they return, not voluntarily bringing them into the state. However, if they come into the state on their own, then consider this approach.

Because you NEVER spread out an invasive species, especially one that does billions in crop damage annually. All it takes is one male to find a single female domestic pig who got out of its pen (because a tree fell on the fence, let’s say which is highly common). Now you have a second problem site. Please do your homework here, this is NOT an animal you want roaming NY fields and forests. It will destroy habitat for grouse, woodcock, turkey, deer, bear, etc. Is that a good idea?  

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

Because you NEVER spread out an invasive species, especially one that does billions in crop damage annually. All it takes is one male to find a single female domestic pig who got out of its pen (because a tree fell on the fence, let’s say which is highly common). Now you have a second problem site. Please do your homework here, this is NOT an animal you want roaming NY fields and forests. It will destroy habitat for grouse, woodcock, turkey, deer, bear, etc. Is that a good idea?  

Okay sterilize them before you let them loose end of that problem .