IGNORED

Who's ready and looking forward to SZ ML

mowin

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Same here. Im all set with suffering in the woods and we have a lot of time left. Especially with the holiday hunt

I was pumped for this afternoon,i may go wed and Friday afternoon. I’ll look up when ML ends as I don’t know right now , this Holiday season , can I take a buck in that ?

6 minutes ago, 2BuckBizCT said:

I'll never buy a ML. seems like you're just asking to have a 2nd buck tag leftover! lol

Use a bow still valid  muzzleloader/bow season just gives you more range. That archery tag is valid then as well so you just don't want the range is all

3 hours ago, left field said:

Going out today. 

I have a unpunched regular tag and a ML tag. Only need one deer. Can I use the buck tag for a buck as long as it's legal antler size? ML tag means anything?

Buck tag becomes either sex as well so you can take 2 doe , or 1 buck one doe, or 2 buck...any combination

2 minutes ago, G-man said:

Use a bow still valid  muzzleloader/bow season just gives you more range. That archery tag is valid then as well so you just don't want the range is all

Right. I used to use xbow late season, now compound. I carried my Dad's ML one time and passed up a small 6pt. I don't even buy a gun tag in CT. I only had 4 sits this year in NY with the shotgun. 

The weather stations around Canandaigua are currently reporting winds from 2- 10 MPH . I’ll call the farmer at 1:00 for “ live from the Farm “ verification. Sun is a mixed bag makes for a warmer sit but reflections become a concern especially sitting on the ground , yes I’ll keep my hat on !

On 12/8/2023 at 7:17 PM, phade said:

I’d consider tinkering with a few different combos after the season. That thing should be capable of MOA or close to at 100 yards. Those Pro Hunters are nice. Probably just a matter of finding the right fitting sabot and powder combo. The SSTs won’t be much different than the shockwaves IMO.

There are so many options it’s crazy. Barnes, Harvester, and the list goes on. 

I have four MZ and still end up using my Wolf most of the time. Cheapest of the bunch but it’s a shooter. I have come to enjoy the late season as much as the early season. You get back to natural movement and bed to good movements. We will also be going to Ohio for their MZ weekend too.

bullet is basically the same.... in my Prohunter the sabot means everything in how it fits and how hard you can push it. with the SST and their sabots they didn't fit as tight and i couldn't push them as hard. with the shockwave yellow sabot tighter fit that bites the rifling I could load it right up to a full powder charge and it still spins consistently for tight groups. with both I could get the prohunter shooting just barely submoa. triple 7 i used at the time i did think was a little temperature sensitive. got crack open the blackhorn209 get it dialed in. i don't even remember what it was setup shooting best with or sighted in with. been years since i pulled it out.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

bullet is basically the same.... in my Prohunter the sabot means everything in how it fits and how hard you can push it. with the SST and their sabots they didn't fit as tight and i couldn't push them as hard. with the shockwave yellow sabot tighter fit that bites the rifling I could load it right up to a full powder charge and it still spins consistently for tight groups. with both I could get the prohunter shooting just barely submoa. triple 7 i used at the time i did think was a little temperature sensitive. got crack open the blackhorn209 get it dialed in. i don't even remember what it was setup shooting best with or sighted in with. been years since i pulled it out.

Give harvesters crush rib sabot  a try , they work great in all my TC muzzleloaders with several bullet combos