IGNORED

Fancypants Fly Fishing at Boxwood Gulch

The_Real_TCIII

Plot twist:

We are looking forward to your upcoming trip with us. I wanted to notify you about a potential ice issue at Boxwood that may require an alternate location. The recent cold snap and storm has created some ice on the river, that currently make fly fishing extremely difficult or unfishable there. Temps are forecasted to rise, so Boxwood may still be an option.

If the conditions don't improve, Jeremy and I reccomend moving the trip to the Arkansas River near Pueblo - the lower elevation = warmer temps. Our guides have been landing some beautiful fish there also.

I'm cool with this too. Ive fished DIY on the Arkansas and did pretty well but would always welcome a guide

Found it

Small Fishing Lures

Carry On Bags: Yes
Checked Bags: Yes

Sharp fishing tackle that may be considered dangerous, such as large fish hooks, should be sheathed, securely wrapped, and packed in your checked luggage. Like other high-value objects, you may wish to pack expensive reels or fragile tackle that does not pose a security threat (small flies) in your carry-on baggage.

I just threw all my tarpon flies (big hooks) and tools into my checked bag along with my reels (in case some idiot thought the fly line could be used as a "garrote"). 

My rods went into my Orvis Carry-It-All - I love this thing - along with all my fishing clothes, sunglasses and flats shoes, which I carried on board.

Some countries won't let you carry a rod on - Argentina and Cayman Islands. I didn't know that when I went to Patagonia and watching a few thousand dollars of rods roll down the luggage conveyor belt in their tubes was a little heart stopping.

Well the South Platte is frozen so we had to combat fish the Arkansas river in Pueblo. Only managed four fish between us. And the scenery there is lousy so 10/10 will not return lol. Id rather catch no fish in the mountains. I saw a ridiculous number of elk on the way back to Denver, like hundreds

223FC897-7BC6-46B9-A042-2FF272B5FB93.jpeg

176CB13A-6D69-4D23-8B6C-893D06B1F09B.jpeg

704ACAB6-FC9A-4FE6-8E05-F50A9B757625.jpeg

CA49E8D5-AE38-498B-98CE-8838FBBF3C23.jpeg

36060C56-47AC-4BF8-BE0D-1494DDE2248A.jpeg