IGNORED

Chinadermics from ebay - Way cheaper

cervidchasers

11 hours ago, cervidchasers said:

I didnt post this as a point of contention. To me its no different than buying that buddy heater on clearance from Wmart

11 hours ago, phade said:

It comes off the same line the actual Rages are made. They are usually not fully heat treated or have some minor spec variation. Some will even come in the actual Rage packaging.

Every archery deer I've shot has been one version of rage or another. Only lost one and it was 100% my fault on a bad brisket shot at a doe where she lived just fine. But for all of us who have held a rage in our hands, we know they don't always inspire confidence, especially the collar versions. I've always inspected mine and even done sharpening... and I guess my only point was that for another $5 or so I'll gladly eat that cost knowing the overall quality might be better than the knockoffs. Just not worth the risk for me given all the time and money that goes into this sport. 

Not knocking anyone who buys these. Sorry if that was how it came across. 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Luke 6:31 and Matthew 7:12

1 hour ago, lucky118 said:

Not to keen on hitting a deer with a hatchet. Lol. So I  use good old American made muzzy.  Haven't  failed me yet. When I aim. Lol

fun fact don't sit on that too comfortably. Muzzy is now owned by Feradyne. If they're okay making some heads over sees in China they're okay making them all over there, unless somehow the contract from them buying out Muzzy stated they otherwise wouldn't.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

fun fact don't sit on that too comfortably. Muzzy is now owned by Feradyne. If they're okay making some heads over sees in China they're okay making them all over there, unless somehow the contract from them buying out Muzzy stated they otherwise wouldn't.

You can buy the original muzzy heads from the family that created them. The guy that leads it is here in NY.

When Feradyne or the company before that bought muzzy, they did move factories. Made in China I believe. Assembled here in Wisconsin. Similar to Rage.

Edited by phade

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Every archery deer I've shot has been one version of rage or another. Only lost one and it was 100% my fault on a bad brisket shot at a doe where she lived just fine. But for all of us who have held a rage in our hands, we know they don't always inspire confidence, especially the collar versions. I've always inspected mine and even done sharpening... and I guess my only point was that for another $5 or so I'll gladly eat that cost knowing the overall quality might be better than the knockoffs. Just not worth the risk for me given all the time and money that goes into this sport. 

Not knocking anyone who buys these. Sorry if that was how it came across. 

I don’t shoot Rage but they’re literally Rages. The difference is that they’re assembled here vs there. Sometimes they may not have the heat treatment based on when they pull the heads from production. But they literally come from the same line. I get the point you make but they’re not knockoffs in the old world style. It’s product bypassing the American middleman mostly.

2 hours ago, phade said:

You can buy the original muzzy heads from the family that created them. The guy that leads it is here in NY.

When Feradyne or the company before that bought muzzy, they did move factories. Made in China I believe. Assembled here in Wisconsin. Similar to Rage.

that's cool.... never realized Michele Eichler grew up here and Muzzy was started here in NY. I guess I assumed her and Fred Eichler always lived out west.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

that's cool.... never realized Michele Eichler grew up here and Muzzy was started here in NY. I guess I assumed her and Fred Eichler always lived out west.

Muzzy came from the name Musacchia. That is the family that started Muzzy. Fred nor Michele were not involved in the origin story. She was a generation later before assuming control.

Edited by phade

On 1/12/2024 at 4:49 PM, phade said:

Muzzy came from the name Musacchia. That is the family that started Muzzy. Fred nor Michele were not involved in the origin story. She was a generation later before assuming control.

i knew that just didn't realize they were in NY.