IGNORED

Hard water fishing...

mowin

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

Thanks to @OttoI'll be going ice fishing for the first time this winter with my 4-H kids. We did a little "idea fair" for the group last month, where we set up tables with various projects we could do for the year. Ice Fishing was in the top 3 things the kids wanted to do.

I'm sure I wasn't the only contributor. (I have more gear too - LMK what you need)

Lots of great ice fishing in your area. 

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

Thanks to @OttoI'll be going ice fishing for the first time this winter with my 4-H kids. We did a little "idea fair" for the group last month, where we set up tables with various projects we could do for the year. Ice Fishing was in the top 3 things the kids wanted to do.

Pick a lake or pond with lots of panfish. The kids will have a ball. 

Speaking of ice fishing, I was in the market for a Marcum Showdown 2.0 but I don't think they make them anymore. An old timer was on the same ice as us and he was crushing them with this very simple device.
Any idea where I could fine one? Or a similar simple (and relatively inexpensive) unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my best year ice fishing last season ..the Crappy cooperated nicely all winter (hence my username from when I first joined any Internet forum iceshanty). [mention=52]Chef[/mention] was there for a hunch if those days too. Hoping for good ice again this year.
a43ea08b4ccc3f4e18130fe635b05382.jpg
8a2da989dd4bc5c9bdc99fcec7c2822b.jpg

I’m in 100% I will say the spring bobber added greatly to our success

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

I had my best year ice fishing last season ..the Crappy cooperated nicely all winter (hence my username from when I first joined any Internet forum iceshanty). @Chef was there for a hunch if those days too. Hoping for good ice again this year.
a43ea08b4ccc3f4e18130fe635b05382.jpg
8a2da989dd4bc5c9bdc99fcec7c2822b.jpg

I use to go to ice shanty. Did a couple trips... get together. Did one on Onieda  at big bay. Met a few of they guys . Did one over in Chautauqua Lake.  Went to a meet and greet in Auburn. I still ice fish a few times a year but fishing partners have all quit or moved south.

Edited by NYTRACKER

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Well, boys and girls, looks like we’ll have hard water soon!  Even here in northwest NJ we have skim ice forming. We had a great ice year last year. It would be great to have back to back good ice years. 

Not sure what this storm on Thursday, Friday is going to bring.  If it's a lot of heavy snow, it's going to sink the ice as it's only a inch or less.  

The lake community and friends I grew up at and with. It’s always a venison feast and we often make lots of Irish car bombs and I crash in my buddy’s spare bedroom as I live 40 minutes away. 

F950FCAB-B7E8-4C92-8E49-979AEF9A0238.jpeg

E9087606-7171-4F18-8541-73794A44E94C.jpeg

8E0F96A4-8713-4102-B6EF-F90046D561AD.jpeg

"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Anonymous 

https://www.troutscapes.com

https://nativefishcoalition.org/national-board

On 11/7/2022 at 8:30 AM, Splitear said:

What lake are you planning on going to? 

Maybe I can meet up with you guys and give you a hand if I'm free that day.